Chapter 8

I returned to my dorm the next day covered in icky goop. It felt disgusting, so the first things I did were shower and get better clothes. Then I must have fallen asleep, because the next time I woke up, it was sometime during the night. Hopefully I hadn't missed anything important. but I would find out later.

Right now I was starving, considering the fact that the last thing I had was coffee. So after I got cleaned up, I went and ate some food from the cafeteria. I was off today, and had nothing better to do, so I went to my favorite place-the roof of the Citadel. It was high up, and climbing up the side gave me a little exercise, even though I didn't really need it.

While I watched the city, I thought about Chrysler. I hadn't really meant to, but my mind was void of anything else. I never saw him before, so that meant he hadn't been up here when I came up here. Or maybe he was on the other side of the building. I shuddered at that. It felt odd, that I never knew. I didn't know if Chrys was even a friendly person. Hell, I didn't even know what he was. Who was he, and what was he? I hadn't been able to get any reads on what he was, so for now I would assume he was a regular human. But you never know-he could be a Felhunter, for all I knew.

A shadow fell across me. And speak of a Devil, here was Chrysler now.

"Hey," he said "how are you doing?"

"Fine.....for now" I replied.

"Do you know how to spar?"

It seemed like an weird question, but I answered "Yes. Why?"

"Just curious, and I'm bored so I came here to see if you were here." Chrys sounded odd.

"Don't you have other friends?" I asked.

"No, I never get out enough to make friends. Besides, I can't really have friends. Do you want to have a sparring match?" His violet eyes weren't really focused, so he was thinks about something.

I could tell that this wasn't the best topic to talk about so I let the subject drop and agreed to spar.

Drawing Metatorion, I stood up and walked a distance away from Chrys and set into my usual fight stance. Chrys seemed unsure of what he was doing, but I could tell he was setting stance correctly. Maybe he was a warrior in training.

"Rules?" I called.

"None. All weapons fair including magics. This lasts until the opponent is down for five seconds. Also, no kicking the other person off the roof, that will result in a penalty. Are these terms accepted by the opponent?" Chrys stated, pulling out twin daggers.

He sounded almost like those professionals at the Arena, and I almost laughed out loud.

"Yes" I said "All conditions are fair." I had fought in a few Arena duels, and I managed to win a fair amount, probably only because I was training to be a Night-Hunter. Most fighters in the Arena were brutes from different races. Me,and a few other Hunters used the Arena as a training stage.

With that, our little duel began. Chrys attacked first by darting towards me, which I easily sidestepped. Then I turned around and swung at him, barely hitting his arm.

We were both wearing armor, Chrys using some type of plate mail and I using my usual leather gear. The plate armor slowed down Chrysler enough that the effect was visible. My armor was weaker but made me faster.

I dodged an attempt at my legs and backed up as Chrys kept up with a barrage of attacks. Damn, he was doing better than I thought. I was currently on the defensive, but I needed to attack soon. So that's exactly what I did. I sent a wave of magic down into Metatorion, so that it glowed green. Then I started with little attacks, slowly coming out of defensive mode and going into attack mode. Soon my slashes and swings were pushing Chrys backwards, to the edge of the roof.

Then, I don't even know how, but

he was suddenly behind me. I realized this just as he flicked a dagger at my neck, and as I turned around, I must of tripped, because the next thing I knew, I was falling off the roof.

**************

Mwahahaha...

You have probably noticed that I'm great at leaving people with cliffhangers! Anyways, important things will happen soon!