Introduction

The Underworld is a hell of a place. But I should know. I've been living in it since I was eight. My name is Jetta. Jetta Cain. I live here with my brother, Jay. You might be wondering why I live in the underworld. It's not easy to explain, but here goes.

Most people think the Underworld is for dead people and monsters that belong in Tartarus. That's not completely true. The Underworld is more like a thriving city hundreds of miles underground. The only thing is, humans don't live in it. There are about thirty humans who live here. (For the vampires that beed drones)Half the population are ghosts. The rest are werewolves, vampires, shifters ( they are not weres, they can turn into any living creature) minor gods/ goddesses, witches, Demi- demons/ full demons, Fae, angels and the Hunters. (Any creature you can't find in the City is probably in a Mortal City at the moment) The general name for all of the listed above is Supernatural. You've probably heard of them before.

I'm one of the Hunters of Nyx or night-hunter for short. I hunt down Supernatural criminals, but that's a bit of a generalization. Jay ( my brother) is also a hunter. Jay is a different kind of hunter, his type are known as the Hunters of Helios. (AKA day-keepers.)

You need to know a little more about me and my brother before I tell you more about the Underworld. I'm sixteen and so is Jay. Jay is almost like the other half of my soul. We know each other inside and out and work great as a team. If you saw us together, you wouldn't say we were brother and sister. Jay has blonde hair while mine is black. The only thing that is physically the same are our bright green eyes. Its almost like we were made opposite, night and day. Ironic, right?

Now, the Underworld. It's not a separate reality, or universe. It kind of exists on its own, but is attached to the human's Earth. The Underworld is like an invisible limb that doesn't need a brain to function. I mean, we have leaders and stuff, but there's no real someone something that acts as a leader. Most humans don't know about us...but I suppose you do now.

If you want, try visualizing a massive cavern with a city that's glowing. No. Glowing isn't right. More like pulsing, a dark, red or black. That's the city's self...or wait, never mind, you wouldn't understand that yet...but I think you get the idea.

I think that's more of a proper introduction than you'll need, so let's get to the story, shall we?