Chapter Nine

As the four walked up a staircase and turned down a corridor to get to their dorm along with the rest of the Gryffindors, they continued their conversation from dinner.

"'Old habits, outmoded, and worn out, must be abandoned.' What's 'progress for progress's sake mean?" Ron asked while doing an hilarious impersonation of Umbridge.

"It means the Ministry's starting to interfere with Hogwarts." Hermione said gravely and the four held back for a moment, letting the other Gryffindors pass so they could have their conversation without being heard or disrupted.

"How do you know that?"

"Because she just said it, Ron. Didn't you listen? Didn't you see the look on Dumbledore's face? No one wants her here. I bet you she's a spy for Fudge." Hermione hissed out quieter, wary of the students in front.

"But they can't do that! I mean -"

"Ron, haven't you been paying attention?!" Hermione scolded with an eye roll. "The Ministry's slowly taking over. Forcing Dumbledore out. That's why the Daily Prophet's been calling him an 'old fool'. It's Fudge's doing. It's propaganda."

Robyn glared at nothing. She had only just got to Hogwarts and already she was starting to have seconds thoughts. She knew for a fact that this Umbridge was trouble and if she was against the truth - against Harry and Dumbledore - then she didn't know how long she would last without exploding.

As they entered the Gryffindor Common Room they carried on with their conversation.

"It is just me, or are people staring at me more than normal." Harry said nervously, while glancing around warily at all the faces staring back at him. He hated attention.

"Ignore it, Harry. It's just . . ." Hermione stopped herself and Harry turned to her, frowning. "It's what?"

"Just from last year. A lot of people still don't believe you, you know." Hermione muttered faintly.

"Why?" Harry was confused as to why people didn't believe him. All the proof was there.

"It's just everyone's gone home since what happened last year and their parents have been telling them what to think. It's . . ."

"Not many of them believe you about what happened, that's all." Ron shrugged it off.

"But Dumbledore even told them what happened."

"But Dumbledore told them from what you saw." Hermione murmured.

"I didn't make it up!" Harry exclaimed angrily.

"We know." Hermione, Ron and Robyn chorused with an eye roll. "I was there too you know." Robyn said and Harry's expression softened.

"You just have to wait it out. You-Know-Who can't stay hidden forever." Robyn said tentatively, while placing a reassuring hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Cheer up, Mate. At least we're back." Ron grinned while nudging Harry.

Harry sent them all a quick smile but the three looked at eachother, knowing it was fake. They worried about him that night but also the trio's heads burned with questions they wanted to ask Robyn about Dumbledore's visit in the summer but they restrained, knowing they would just be greeted with a lie and a really convincing fake smile...

>>>

It was finally time for their first lesson with Professor Umbridge. Harry, Robyn, Hermione and Ron sat together, as they usually did, and conversed. Robyn tried not to scowl as she really wasn't looking forward to this lesson.