A Celebration, Part Two

"Wow.. Hau really wasn't kidding when he said he was planning a HUGE party!" Lillie smiled nervously, staring at the packed beach. The trial captains were littered around through the crowd, and she even caught sight of Professor Kukui. She glanced at Gladion, who looked a bit overwhelmed. "Hey, don't think about the crowd too much. Think about Hau, or something that will make you relax!"

   "I know.. It's fine, it just makes me a bit anxious. Where even is Hau? Or Moon, for that matter.." He scanned the crowd, looking for any sign of them. That's when he saw him, wearing shades and holding neon glowsticks, rapidly approaching them. Gladion sighed.

   "Hey!! Gladiiii! And Lillie too! Do you like my party gear!? There are people just throwing glowsticks into the crowd!" Hau was loud, but this was a new level. Not even the blasting music could cover up the boy's excitement. 

   Lillie giggled, "It's awesome, Hau. Though, have you seen Moon?" 

   "Move aside, you casual." Moon pushed in front of Hau, completely decked out in party supplies. Her shades lit up, and she had about 4 flower necklaces on. Her wrists were covered in neon bracelets and.. Silly bands? She grinned, pulling Lillie into a hug. "Here!" She planted another pair of shades onto Lillie's face.

   "Hey I should show you some guests I met! You'll love them!" Hau pulled Gladion into the crowd, much to his protest. "This is Smiley! He's really funny, and he loves pokemon!" Gladion stared into the trainer's red eyes, kind of dazed by how vibrant they were.

   "Uhh.. Hi, I'm Gladion.." He was awkward, and this situation was awkward, and he wanted to be home.

   Smiley (This might surprise you) smiled at Gladion, "Nice to meet you! You're exactly how you looked in the game!"

   "What game?" But before Smiley could answer, Moon was pulling Gladion away to another guest. "This is Ely!" 

   "Sah dude!" Ely grinned, holding a full-size anime pillow. Moon grinned as well, "Aren't they great? Ely is so funny you don't even know."

   "I-Is that so? I'll make sure to uh, talk to you later, Ely." Gladion had already predicted he would be pulled away, and he was right, as Hau grabbed him again.

   "And finally, this is Mari!" Hau smiled, introducing the girl, who had long dirty blond hair. She seemed, well, very excited. "She's jumpy, just like me!"

   "Hi Gladion! Hau told me sooo much about you!" Mari said, as both boys shared a look, obviously embarrassed. 

   "Is that so?" Gladion was warming up now, as the initial awkwardness of being surrounded by strangers was beginning to fade. 

   "Okay, let's get moving so we don't miss Kiawe's fire show!" Hau smiled, bringing Gladion close to him as they walked through the crowd. A stage had been set-up, and Kiawe, with his two Marowaks began to dance, the fire lighting up the night. Gladion watched as Kiawe swallowed fire, before breathing it out into a huge burst of heat in front of everyone. 

   Mallow cut in front of his line of sight, holding up a platter. "Would you like a malasada? Hau told me your favorite is the bitter type, so I made some especially for you!" 

   "Oh, sure." He picked up a malasada, then watched as Hau picked up a few. 

   Even if it was a bit overwhelming at first, he was thankful - Hau had really thought of everything, and he was wondering what could be next. He was so lucky to have Hau in his life.. Hau was a rock for him. Even when he was edgy, or distant, Hau respected him and showered him with love.. Alola wasn't so bad.

   He bit into the malasada, which was the best he had ever had! Mallow was an amazing cook. He saw Mari bite into one, and then watched her eyes light up.

   "Let's go see Acerola! She has a whole thing set up!" Hau led him to the entrance of a small building, it looked like it was made of tents. "It's a.. TEST OF COURAGE! Just like we did ourselves!" 

    He watched as Smiley ran out of the exit, screaming. Was it.. that scary? Hau led him in, holding his hand. A Misdreavus popped out, and Gladion hid his face in Hau's shoulder. Luckily, they made it out in piece.

   Then, Hau led him to the middle of the crowd, where everyone was dancing, including Ely who was busting out some SICK moves. He took Gladion's arm, gentle, but insistent, a dance partner. They let the music overtake them, and laughed as they celebrated.

   Suddenly, the music stopped, and all the lights went out. The only thing illuminating the beach was the bright moon, and the neon glowsticks. Though, with everyone's eyes adjusting, it was incredibly dark. Spotlights concentrated at the entrance of the beach. Gladion's hazed vision made it hard to see, but he saw a piercing bright white dress, almost like a wedding dress. It had golden hems, perfect to match that bright, blonde hair.. Lusamine. He found Moon in the crowd, with Lillie and another girl beside her. The crowd parted, but Moon watched Lillie, who looked very shook up. "Kayla.. Lillie.. Get behind me."

    Lusamine walked through the open space, smiling devilishly. She looked over to Moon, and then Moon's friend, who had a shiny Meowth on her shoulder. "Such.. a beautiful pokemon."

   "Is that the head of the Aether foundation!?" Someone yelled, and the music returned. She made eye contact with Gladion, cutting right through him. Everyone was excited that someone so important showed up, and the party went back to normal, as Gladion lost Lusamine in the crowd. He stumbled backwards, as he kept catching visions of her through the party. She kept getting closer, and he abandoned Hau, running through the crowd. It was hard to weave through everyone.

   As he neared the edge of the party, he began to calm. He had gotten away. That's when a hand went over his mouth. He looked up, glaring. Faba. He was dragged away from the party, and no one would even know who took him. He pulled at Faba's grasp, clearing his mouth for a short moment. "HAU!!" And then the hand returned, as Faba growled. "No one can hear you over the music, brat. You're coming with us."

   Note: Thanks to everyone who came to the party! Kayla, Mari, Smiley, and Ely! I hope I did you guys justice and not a terrible story! It's been amazing writing it!