Chance

Gladion rolled back over, it was still the middle of the night, after all. The boy probably wasn't even awake. His phone then buzzed. "Let's meet! Same place as we met!"

   Gladion stared at the text. The boy really wanted to meet right now? He knew the restaurant was open 24/7, but it was late. He looked at the time, "12:38". He contemplated if it was even worth it. After a few moments of thought, he got up. Maybe the trainer I'm looking for will be there, he used as an excuse. Deep down he just wanted to meet with the strange boy.

   After getting ready, he headed out of the motel, making his way to the malasada shop. He could see the boy through the window. He entered, ordering another bitter malasada before sitting across from the boy, who had perked up at the sight of him. It felt.. strange to just have someone whose happy to see him.

   "Hey Gladi!" The boy rested his chin on his hands, elbows on the table. From the looks of it, the boy had been in bed as well, and he looked exhausted. His hair that had been up with clips the day before was now messier, clips absent. The messy ponytail was the only thing he had to keep it out of his face.

   "Hello.. you. I didn't expect you to be up." Meeting him had made him realize he still had no name for him. Yet, the boy already had a nickname for him.

   "Yeah, I wasn't expecting a text either. But I was thankfully up! Couldn't sleep tonight. To be honest, I wasn't sure if you'd ever actually contact me. It felt like a long shot, but it payed off!" The boy smiled warmly. Again, Gladion found himself letting his guards down. This was a boy that he felt could never harm him, or even think of anything malicious.

   "I wasn't sure if I would either.. I don't really know anyone around here, nor did I plan to. I guess I was just curious to find out your name." This wasn't completely true, but it would have to do. It reminded him to look around for any other boy. This boy was distracting him from the boy he should've been looking for - Hau. Yet, it seemed no one matched up with what he was looking for.

   "I'm glad you did. Though, I'm not sure I should tell you. Maybe it's better you don't know~!" He laughed a bit.

   What was this boy hiding behind that grin? A secret identity? Maybe he had ran away, just like Gladion himself? Gladion shook his head, "I understand. I guess names have power."

   "I'm not sure if it's like that.." the boy started. Damn it! Why did he have made an assumption? "Er, maybe it is actually. It's kind of hard to explain." He concluded. Or maybe his assumption was correct? Either way, his curiosity was at it's peak. Who is this boy?

   "Well.. You can tell me. I'm not the type to judge if you have to hide som-" He was cut off by the waitress.

   "Three sweet malasadas and one bitter!" She handed them out to you both. Gladion never thought anyone could eat a malasada so fast.

   "Hey, slow down. You won't appreciate it if you eat it like that." Gladion scolded. He picked up his malasada and took a bite into the warm treat. The boy stared.

   "I guess you're right!" The boy smiled again, before eating at a slower pace. "Say, what brings you here anyway? You say you don't know anyone."

   Gladion was now put on the spot, he could lie, or let it out to this boy. The boy's eyes made him feel secure, but it would be a huge risk to reveal he was trying to steal a pokemon. Not worth it, he decided. "I'm just on a mission to.. Fill up my pokedex." He lied.

   "You remind me of my friend, Moon! She's all about collecting and caring for pokemon!" The boy responded. Moon.. Sounded familiar. Oh yeah! The girl he had met earlier.

   "I think I might know her.. I saw here at the trial site in front of the supermarket." Gladion revealed.

   "Wow! We're already becoming a friend group!" The boy gleamed.

   Gladion hesitated. This couldn't be a good idea, he should cut this off here and now but.. He couldn't. The boy was finishing up his last malasada. "Well.. If we truly are, I think I should know your name."

   "Hmm.. I'll tell you if you come to the festival with Moon and I at six!" Another invite. One he couldn't refuse.

   "Fine, but this time, you better tell me your name!" Gladion gave him a small smile, becoming more interested.

   "Right! I should probably get going then. Don't want anyone to notice I slipped out!" The boy stood up, heading towards the door. "Bye Gladion! See you later!" Again, Gladion could only wave. He was only getting more side tracked from this mission at hand. This wasn't working out. But he had already said yes.. Damn it! Why did this boy have such a charm on him?

   He headed back to the motel, feeling his phone buzz while walking. He checked it. He gasped at what it said. "I feel guilty for keeping it a secret! My name is Hau ( '▽`)"

Note: If anyone is enjoying let me know! It's what gets me fired up to write more! Just leave a comment or something, so I know someone actually would care if I stopped writing this.