So Many Tears

I heard the gunshots and ran upstairs, BANG, I closed my eyes, two more BANGS.

I woke up.

"Maddie! Calm down," I started crying. "It was only a dream. I rubbed my eyes to find Liam hovering over me running his fingers through my hair trying to calm me down. I was in a different room then this morning.

"I'm so sorry. I am such a mess." I bit my lip.

"You're not a mess Maddie. You may be a little broken, but you're not a mess." He looked at me with his big brown eyes.

"I just want to stop crying." I buried my face in my hands.

"Well right now, you should stop crying and start bringing your stuff in here. You're going to sharing a room with me for a bit." He chuckled. I punched his shoulder slightly earning a small groan coming his lips. I just giggled and smiled lifting my head up. He grabbed my stuffed cat off the ground and made weird noises to cheer me up. Point for Liam!

We walked downstairs, "How was your nap Maddie?" Niall asked stuffing cookies in his mouth,

"Good! How are those cookies, any left?" He grabbed a cookie and gave it to me,

"One more for the princess!" His loud laughter filling the house.

"Thanks Niall!" These boys certainly know how to cheer up a girl. Later in the evening the boys had to go somewhere.

"Maddie we will be out for a few hours, be home soon!" Louis shouted leaving with the four others trailing behind.

"Okay! See you soon!"

"Make yourself at home!" Liam waved before closing the front door. I didn't see the whole house so I started wandering around. It was pretty nice actually. After an hour of walking around and snooping through books I found myself face to face with Dare to Dream, the book about the boys. One Direction, where have I heard that, where have I heard them?

"Oh. My. God." I said to myself, I knew who they were. My sophomore year obsession. I didn't even realize. I started to talk to myself, Me living with One Direction. How did my mom and dad know them... Stay calm Maddie... OH MY GOD I am in the same house as One Direction... MADDIE CALM DOWN.

I put everything away and watched some TV to calm me down. I probably fell asleep during the movie because when I woke up there was loud noises coming from the kitchen. The boys came home with buckets of ice cream.

"What the hell?" I walked over to the kitchen.

"Did we wake you up? Do you want ice cream?" Niall asked in a rush with a happy boy smile.

"Don't mind if I do." I smiled back.

"Wow is it really midnight? I'm not even tired!" Louis mumbled.

"You should be. You guys were gone for awhile." I tried to contain the energy circuiting within my small little body.

"We were at a gig." Harry smiled.

"I know... I was looking around and found your book." I shamelessly spoke, feeling the heat rise. They all stopped what they were doing and looked at me. "Uh. Did I miss something?" They started laughing.

"Well did you just figure this out?" Zayn questioned in between laughter.

"Well I knew you guys were familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. But when I saw the book, I then realized you guys were like my high school idols." I giggled palming my face due to embarrassment.

"And we still are right?" Niall stated.

"Of course!" I smiled back.

It was getting late, and I was stuffed with the different flavors of ice cream.

"Damn girl, you eat like Niall." Louis chuckled.

"I only eat like this when I'm sad... Plus I just love ice cream..." I bit my lip trying not to smile.

"Don't do that. Girls are way to cute to do that." Harry mumbled.

"Ah. Okay. I will try not to." I smiled back at him.

"So Maddie. Why aren't you freaking out about us? Like a fangirl would be?" Niall finally asked, that was a good question. Oh trust me, I am. But also it was probably because I promised myself not to, just to stay cool. BUT my insides were freaking out!

"Well I guess it's because I started to get to know you outside of the band. You guys are just best friends and normal people who like to sing in a band together." I smiled, shoveling ice cream trying not to scream. They all smiled at me, I wanted to pass out. They looked so beautiful.

"Well thank you for not freaking out." Liam's toothy grin making my stomach in a flurry.

"No problem." I went upstairs after ice cream and put on one of my big shirts from my dad, it had a SUPERMAN 'S' on it. I walked downstairs to get some iced water.

"Maddie?" I turned to see all five guys looking at me, I moved uncomfortably under their gaze.

"Uh. Right? Yes?"

"Ah, look guys she stutters when she is embarrassed." Harry pointed at me.

"CURLY!" he started to laugh.

"It's cute." Liam chimed. My insides were going crazy. Did he call me cute, or just that my stuttering is cute?

"Maddie, why are you wearing Liam's shirt?" Niall asked. I looked down at it, yeah it wasn't my dads size... and it smelled better then him.

"Um, I uh... ER stupid stutter... I probably accidentally grabbed it, my dad had one that he got and gave it to me. It was meant for my brother, but he didn't want it." They looked at me in disbelief, "Honestly. I can change if you want?"

"Yeah do it. Now. Right here." Harry winked at me.

"But I-"

"Don't listen to him, you don't have to. You're cute in it." Liam stated slapping the back of Harry's head causing him to yelp.

"Well you sure? I can just go back upstairs and change. It's not that hard."

"Maddie, you're fine. Now it's getting late, Harry should go to bed and stop hitting on you for the day." Harry looked at Liam and stuck his tongue out and skipped along.

Niall was already passed out when we walked passed his door. I walked into our room to find Liam only in pants... HOLY SHIT! He waved his hand in front of me.

"Maddie?" He asked. "Earth to Maddie."

"Sorry I was... Ummm..." What was I doing? He just winked at me.

"I know." He smirked.

"Sorry." I whispered.

"You apologize a lot." He smiled.

"I can't help it." I giggled. I walked over to my bed and climbed in. My parents death kept playing in my head:

Officer, the victims have been dead for awhile. There daughter is in her room.

OFFICER: Bring her out...

Liam heard me sniffling and turned to face me from his bed, he saw me crying and came over to me. He pulled me in for a hug craddling me back and fourth.

"I miss them Liam. I miss them so damn much." He told me to calm down, Louis came in and saw me,

"Can you grab her some water?" Louis left the room, all five guys were up now.

"It's 2:45, what the fu-"Niall stopped when he saw me crying.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to wake all of you guys. I didn't know it would be this bad." I tried to stop crying, Louis came back with some water.

"Maddie calm down, take deep breaths." I did what he said. The rest of the boys left the room and turned off the light. I sat there with my head on Liam's chest listening to the sound of his voice calming me down. Within minutes I was back asleep.