Family

The first thing he noticed was the smell of disinfectants and the soft matress under him. Without to see Ezra knew who he was: Med - bay. Faintly happy about this, firstly he blinked and then he opened his eyes. It seemed that everything was blurred and he needed a moment to find his way around.

"Ezra!"

The Padawan layed his head aside and directly looked in the emerald green eyes of his master.

Kanan.

He smiled and Ezra saw the relief and the happiness in his eyes. The boy didn't exactly know how he should react. Was his master still angry at him? Did he hate him? What should he do? What happend anyway?

Calvin.

The reality entirely hit him. In front of his eyes the incidents were played, again and he gripped his throat by instinct. Kanan, who did see the panic in his eyes, layed one hand on his arm.

"Calm down, Ezra. Everything is fine. He is not going to do something to you, again. You are safe."

Slowly Ezra calm down and he removed his hand from his throat. Then he tried to sit up, whereby Kanan helped him.

"Slowly, kid. Your shoulder got it bad and your other injuries are not easy, too. If you rest and take solid meals, then you are going to be on your feets again, soon."

Ezra nodded, but keep silent. He was incertain what he should do.

With mixed feelings Kanan glanced at his Padawan. Why didn't he say anything? Was he angry at him? Didn't he want to speak with him?

"Kid, I...I know that I.."

"Why are you here, Kanan?"

Ezra's question caught Kanan off his guard and threw him off the track. He reckoned with everything: That Ezra yelled at him, ignored him or refused to talk to him. That every conversation was needless and that he wouldn't forgive him. For all scenarios That was a question he didn't expect.

"Why do you ask me such a thing, kid? Of course I am here, why shouldn't I?"

"Because you hates me and loathe me. All of you do this."

Kanan was shocked. It was much worse, as he expected. What did Calvin to his Padawan, so that Ezra did believe him? What did he suffer? How did it come to this?

Ezra didn't look at his Master, instead he bent his head aside and stared at his hands, which clenched his blanket. He wouldn't bear it to see the truth in Kanan's eyes...

"W-What gives you that idea?"

"You didn't believe me from the beginning. I was so foolish to believe Calvin and endangered the whole crew. You didn't hear me and just yelled at me, nobody even tried to listen to me. At the minute, who Calvin came aboard, you liked him above me.."

"Ezra.."

"You must not deny it, Kanan. I know, that this is the truth."

Kanan didn't know, how he should respond to this. How should he explain Ezra, that he was wrong? If he wasn't in the position to forgive himself? He yelled at Ezra, didn't listen to him.....but that was the only truth in his words. He heard steps coming nearer and Kanan looked up. Hera with Sabine, Zeb and Chopper entered the room, all three of them looked terrible. Sabine and Hera had tears in their eyes and Zeb stared depressed to the ground. Even Chopper hung his head and was quiet. When Kanan saw the faces of his crew, he got the feeling, that they heard every single word from their conversation. It was like Hera read his mind. She nodded and pointed to his com.

They heard everything...