Chapter 49

I knocked and let myself in to the dining room to find Levi at the head of the table, Eren in Petra's seat, and a full plate of food with no one sitting by it at the other head of the table.

Everyone was staring at me.

I swallowed and sat down at in my chair, making eye contact with Levi over his tea cup.

"So, what did four eyes have to say?"

I cocked my head in surprise. "Wow, Levi. I didn't know you cared!"

"Tck."

"Anyways, she basically had me explain everything I knew about titans. It didn't take long before she had had enough information."

Eld looked up at me. "Hanji? Tired of hearing about titans? You have got to be joking," he laughed.

I took a piece of bread. And ate it.

Before I could respond, we heard something that no one had ever been blessed to hear before.

Levi laughed.

Small at first, then growing as he showed more emotion. Everyone else stopped and froze, staring at the Corporal.

He stopped laughing, as if realizing what he had just done.

"Oi, why did you all stop? I thought we were having fun?"

"Heh... heh... heh..."

"Great job, Eren. You ruined the moment," Gunther sighed.

Before I could say any more, the door burst open. Hanji, Moblit, and a few other Scouts held back all of the titan shifters I had previously mentioned.

"We caught them all!"

"HANJI NO-" I tried to warn her, but it might have been too late.