Chapter 45 version 2

THIS IS THE CHAPTER WITH MANGO SPOILERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marco, can I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah, sure! What's up, [f/n]?"

I led him into an abandoned supplies room. My back ached from all the constant horseback riding, but whatever. This was way more important.

"You can't join the Military Police," I exhaled quietly.

"What? Why?"

"Because they're keeping secrets. They are secretly hurting people and working with the titans! There are traitors there that will use you to fight against humanity."

Okay, so that may be a slight exaggeration. But I need Jean to join the Survey Corps. 1) He needs to be with his friends. 2) He's too skilled to go to the MPs. 3) I need to keep an eye on him and make sure Jean and Marco are working on their relationship.

"W-what? But I've looked up to them my whole life. Why would I trust you?"

"Because I saved your sorry butt like 20 chapters ago. You can trust me."

"Okay, true. But why would they work against us?"

"Because the three who attempted to kill you are working with them and the only ones strong enough to stop them are the Survey Corps."

"But... But why? I've known them for three years and they didn't act suspicious. Why would they try to kill me then destroy humanity? I just don't understand..." Tears ran down his freckled cheeks.

"Because they aren't human. They're titan shifters like Eren, but they use their powers for evil. Join the people who will protect you."

I hesitated. "Oh, and Marco?"

"Yeah?" He sniffled.

"You know they would have killed you if I wasn't there, right?"

"What about it?"

"In my world, people won't stop making jokes about how you were bitten in half. But I'm on your side. We all really care about you, no matter what happens. We only do that to mask our sadness that you're gone. We really love you. I really love you. Please join the place where you'll be safest."

"O-okay."

"Now, can you promise me that you and Jean will join the Scouts?"

"I can't promise anything on Jean's beHALF, but I can assure you that I will not be joining the Scouts," he replied with a smile.

"Seriously?"

He giggled.

"Whatever. My mission here is accomplished, see you around! And don't forget to confess to Jean!"

He blushed. "I won't."

The two of us went our separate ways. I couldn't wait to get back to headquarters and tell the titan boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, it's so weird that I'm writing as myself and Marco when I am Marco, ya know?

And shout out to the "Marco Betta Sleep" club. That really made me smile :)
SasheeTadashee LizzieCelestial TsundeChan