Just say it

Song: Hold me tight- Kane Brown

Lena opens the door. "Oh, Kara hey! What are you doing here?"

"Theres something i need to tell you! Like right now!" Kara urgently says.

"O-okay come on in." She says starting to sound concerned. "What's up?"

"Okay, i'm definatly going to regret this in the morning but i have to say this now or ill never get over myself."

Lena closes the door and listens to Kara intentally. "What is it then?"

"When you meet somebody and you realize that you want to spend the rest of your life with them, you just cant wait to start your life!"

The concern slightly fades away and is replaced but a bit of suspision, but Lena lets her continue.

"And then that somebody, well that somebody says or does something so hurtfull or just so discouraging and you want your life to be over, or-or for it to just pause. But your life has already started and now, now you live for that person but that person doesnt live for you!"

Kara takes a deep breathe before she continues. As she speaks she steps closer to Lena.

"When we were at the bar, an-and i kissed you! When you pulled away and shut me down, i-i was so mad. I was furious because the girl i thought i loved, didnt love me back. And im honeslty still as mad as hell and i just cant take it anymore! And as someone once said; life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get. Well i got you! And i am happy as hell i did! And you got me but i have no clue if your glad or if you want to return that box to the store or throw it out or-or what!"

Lena tries to interject but Kara just keeps going.

"And life, let me tell ya, life moves pretty fast and if you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. And im stopping, im looking and im not missing a thing! But you seem to be flyin right by, missing everything because you think just because im fresh off the boat that somethings going to change in me after a while. New flash! Its not going to! I loved you! I still love you and i will love you because thats the person i am! Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss and right now, id say were missing a hell of a lot of opportunities! So you know what!? If you dont want me in your life, then just say it. Let those two words leave your lips and ill leave right now, youll never have to worry about me again! Ill be gone. Outta your life like that!"

The next words suprise Kara the most. "Get out." Lena whispers.

"What?" Kara asks, hints of confusion and hurtfullness in her voice.

"I said get out!" Lena says a little louder. "Im not just going to let you walk into here and define the rest of my life with some giant ass speech because your suposedly too in love with me that you cant let go!"

Kara, who is now fighting back tears, makes her way to the door. She keeps her back toward Lena as she opens the door, as she is half way out the door, Kara turns her head to look at Lena.

"I dont care what anyone says, I do love you. Not like they told you love is, and i didnt know this either, but love doesnt make things nice, it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We arent here to make things perfect. The snowflakes arent perfect. The stars arent perfect. Not us. We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and to love the wrong people and die. The storybooks are bullshit. They say everyone gets a happy ending but nobody does."

Kara slowly walks further out of the room and into the cool night breeze.

"But if you at least want a shot at one, im right here." With that last sentance, the door closes levaing Lena in an all too familiar silence.