Chapter Seven - The Forest Itself

Later that night, everyone is asleep. Sakura's squeaky clean body lay wrapped up in a blanket in the bedroom with the other girls. She tosses and turns, moaning and shifting places. Until she hears it. That voice.

'Join us.'

Sakura opens up her eyes in the dim room, only slightly lit by the moonlight. She gets up and looks out the window. Nothing. Nothing but trees rustling. She goes to back to sleep. She hears that voice again. But louder this time. 

'Join us.'

She gets up and puts on her kimono. She groans in annoyance and slides out of the bedroom door. She walks out the back door and shouts into the darkness of the forest. "H-Hello? Is anyone out there?" She then hears a twig snapping within the forest. This startles her slightly. 'Alright. Get it together, Sakura. It's probably just an animal or something.' Sakura then steps down from the threshold and walks slowly towards the forest. She looks around and shouts again, "Hello?! If this is some kind of a joke, then knock it off!" She takes a deep breath, and steps inside the forest.

She wanders and looks around the forest. The moonlight is now the only way of seeing in the dark. She calls out angrily into the darkness, "I know someone's out there. Cut it out, or I'll break your face." She keeps walking forwards into the forest and comes across a very small clearing. She shouts furiously, "I know someone's out there. I'm onto you, now show your face!" Suddenly, a shriek sounds throughout the forest. She gasps and looks around. She gets into her fighting pose and screams out, "STOP IT! SHOW YOURSELF RIGHT NOW!" She hears another shriek and some branches breaking off. It's obvious that the thing in the forest is getting closer.

Then suddenly, a small tree comes crashing down, narrowly missing Sakura. She attempts to run, but something is holding her back. She looks down as a thorned vine wraps itself around her ankle. She screams for help, as another vine whips itself onto her wrist and another onto her neck. She tries screaming loudly for help, but can only make small yelps and choking sounds. Roots soon rise out of the ground and start ripping Sakura's kimono open. She is then pulled onto the ground and she begins screaming loudly for help.

The roots continue to rip her kimono until her half slip is revealed. Just then, a vine slowly slithers on the ground and slowly climbs up Sakura's leg. She continues to scream hysterically as it slithers under her half slip. Growling is then heard as she moans and attemps to release herself. The vine then reaches into her panties and she takes a deep breath and screams the loudest scream that echoes in the forest.

Sakura then rips the vines and roots off of her and gets up. An unseen force then begins raging through the forest, knocking down trees in its path. Sakura, shaking the vines off of her, hears the menacing roars of the force and sees a red light and fog begin to rise up. That can only mean one thing, it's coming for her. She screams and begins running through the forest in hysterics. 

Sakura trips and falls. She looks behind her in horror as the force gains on her. She gets up and runs through the forest, small branches cut her legs and arms. She screams for help as the force continues to rage through the forest at abnormal speed, destroying trees in its way and roaring with furious rage.

Sakura then reaches the front door of the temple, screaming for help, and bangs on it. "HELP! PLEASE ANYONE! LEE! NARUTO! INO! SOMEBODY!" The force roars and rushes at Sakura, who continues to bang on the door. Sakura looks back and sees the menacing red light and accompanying fog and screams louder than before. "HELP! OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!" Just as the force catches up to her, Sakura is pulled inside the temple by somebody. The force then growls in frustration, and flies away from the temple.

"Sakura, what happened?!" exclaimed Naruto, holding her shoulder. The entire temple has woken up to Sakura's screaming. Sakura is breathing heavily, cuts and bruises all over her. "I-I-I don't fucking know!" "She was probably attacked by an animal." said Ino. "IT WASN'T A FUCKING ANIMAL!" screamed Sakura. "I-It was the forest itself! It's alive Naruto." Sakura breaks down in tears as she hugs Naruto. Sasuke then scoffs, "Such a pansy. It's nothing. You tripped and fell, now you're feeding us some false story about something attacking you in the woods. Pfft." At that, Sakura gives a strong smack at Sasuke's face, sending him flying to the ground. "YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!" raged Sakura at Sasuke, who is now red in the face.

Hinata stood behind Neji, whimpering. "W-What do you m-mean, Sakura?" Sakura answers in heavy breath, "The trees, the vines, the roots, everything. Wrapped around me and ripped off my clothes. Th-th-then something chased me." She turns to Naruto with pleading eyes, "I wanna go home. Take me back to Konoha. Please." "She should lie down. It would be better for her." suggested Neji. "I'M NOT LYING DOWN!" shouted Sakura. "I wanna get out of here. I wanna get the fuck out of here and not come back. Take me back Naruto, please. Right now."  Naruto tries to reassure her that forests cannot attack people, but Sakura refuses. He has no choice but to take her back. "Wait here guys. I'll be back soon. Come on, Sakura." said Naruto, walking out the front door. 

The two teens step out of the temple and start walking down the path to the bridge. Time passes as the teens then arrive at the bridge, but freeze in horror. The bridge has been broken up and destroyed to the shape of a clawed hand. Sakura hyperventilates in fear as she kneels and breaks down in tears next to Naruto, who stands staring in seriousness at the bridge. "It's not gonna let us leave." cries Sakura. "It's not gonna let us leave, Naruto. IT'S NOT GONNA LET US LEAVE!"