Chapter Four - The Drawing

Later that night, Sakura sat alone in the living room, across from the marble table. The other genins sat outside in the backyard where the zen garden used to be. They were talking and laughing and showing off jutsus and weapon tricks. "No, no no Lee. You do it like this!" said Naruto, showing him an easier way of attacking enemies with Shurikens. 

Inside, Sakura draws the table and its decorations in her sketchbook. Suddenly, she hears a faint voice.

'Sakura.'

She looks around. She goes out to the other teens sitting outside. "H-Hey. Did anyone need me?" The other teens reply. "No." Sakura tells them about the voice. "Well, somebody called for me. I heard someone say my name." Naruto then speaks up, "It wasn't us." "Are you sure?" "I'm definitely sure. Believe it!" said Naruto, re-assuring her with his nice guy pose. "Ok. If anyone needs me, just come in and tell me." said Sakura before retiring back to the living room.

Couple of minutes later, she continues sketching the table until, she hears the voice again, but louder.

'Sakura. Join us.'

Sakura gazes down at her hand. Her eyes widen and she gasps as the veins in her hand begin to rise up and her skin dries up and an unseen force takes hold of her hand. She tries to scream, but something is holding her. She can only whimper helplessly as her hand begins to forcibly and messily sketch a book with a screaming face on the cover. 

'Join us.'

The voice echoes through the quiet temple. Sakura stares at the drawing, horrified by what just happened. She drops the sketch book and runs to the backyard. She bursts through the door, the teens turn to face her. Sasuke, sitting with his knees up, just turns his eyes to look at Sakura. "What happened?" asked Naruto, standing up. "N-Nothing. Just  s-saw a spider." stuttered Sakura. She went to sit with the rest at the campfire. Naruto returned to sitting on a boulder. "I don't think we should be here." said Sakura, staring into the fire. "Why not?" asked Ino. "It's nice out here." Sakura looked at Ino with a worried look. "Something's not right here. I-I just have this feeling like something evil happened here. "

Sakura turned to face Naruto, that worried look still lingering in her eyes. "I wanna go back to Konoha, Naruto." "Now, don't freak us out Sakura. There's nothing wrong with this place. Worst thing that can happen is a tree collapsing on us. Trust me. We'll be fine." said Naruto, re-assuring the group. Just as Naruto finished his sentence, a loud wooden bang is heard from inside the temple, startling everyone. Even Sasuke falls off his boulder and onto the ground. 

Naruto slowly stands up, Hinata curls up next to Neji, Sasuke slowly raises himself. "Get into fighting positions, guys." said Naruto. Everyone does that as Naruto slowly opens the sliding door and creeps into the temple.