Chapter Seven • Hostage Retrieval

Nyro Slevon IV

They entered the hostage building safe and sound as they were not detected. The building was huge enough to hold about ten average sized buildings in it with room to spare. How they would be able to release so many hostages was beyond them.

"Kíro, scout the area, Nyro follow behind him so you can provide backup. We'll hold out here and take out anyone who comes for more slaves," Vann ordered.

"Seeker, you should go as well," he said.

"Roger that!"

"Íra, you have information on the base. Also you can help map the place. Use your A.A.I to send the map. I'll receive it with mine. If anything happens link me," Vann instructed.

"Roger," they said once more as they took off.

The last thing Nyro heard was him ordering the others.

"People say that you die when on my missions. But today we break that curse. I'm going to bring you all back. As soon as a soldier rounds this corner they're dead. I'll hunt the leader myself."

Nyro continued on with the Liberator in his hands. The blade shone whenever light was reflected off of it illuminating some of the path, though that wasn't needed as Íra was already providing light with her flashlight.

Nyro turned to Kíro.

"We'll have to set markers every time we turn a corner so we don't get lost," he said.

There were several soldiers inside herding slaves out of the building. Time for some action!

Nyro swung his blade in a wide arc leaving a long diagonal slash on his chest. The first soldier was dead. He swiped a quick thumb over his wristband charging the Liberator with his mana before swinging it again. The golden energy, that which was his the mana the sword released, coming from the blade was released killing the other soldiers.

"You saved us. We're free!" the slaves yelled.

My sword is called the Liberator you know. It's supposed to free others, Nyro thought proudly.

"Is there a map in here?" Nyro asked.

The mapping was taking too long. Nyro was getting at a great point.

"Yeah, it's on the top floor in the large room. But beware it has dozens of soldiers inside," the man said.

"Alright. Go free as many as you can," Nyro said. "Bring them to the safest room you can find. We'll take care of the top floor."

"We will," the man said and he and the other slaves took off.

Nyro searched for the elevator but found stairs instead.

"Let's go," Nyro said. He charged the blade once more as golden energy flowed from the also glowing wings on the hilt. It illuminated the darkened place. They climbed the stairs fighting soldiers on their way up though not nearly as much as Nyro would've liked. Finally they were on the highest floor. There were sleeping soldiers in the rooms on each side of the hallway. Nyro ended them one by one until they were at the end of the hallway in front of a double door.

"Step back," he told them.

Charging the blade once more he cut through the steel door. He entered the place and was confronted by several dozen soldiers. A general was there as well. He seemed to be the one in control. Well Vann, the leader goes to me.