Chapter Four • The Test 1

Vann Vernard III

At last the next day had arrived and Vann would have to take the test to go on the upcoming Middle-class mission.

He was sure that he could go but he still needed to beat the test first. He grimaced as he thought of the instructors that would be issuing the test. They were Instructors Keor[Kíor] and Sergio.

Instructor Keor was a middle-aged woman who had the full package except for her face which was always strict. Many boys loved her. Of course, the feeling was mutual. That woman loved to work troublemakers for their delinquent ways. She especially loved punishing Vann.

Sergio was a different instructor entirely. He despised Vann more than Instructor Keor but was more of an easy-going person. He had a daunting smile today as he continuously brushed fallen blonde hair from his eyes. He was, in fact, from both a great family and an ordinary one.
He inherited his ordinary family's looks, which was why many people didn't know that he had the power of the Krishna family in him. It was exactly why he wasn't executed for not being of exact blood.

As Vann entered he saw at least twelve candidates including himself. And among them was Nyro Slevon. Vann held his head as he adjusted his loose pants and sweatshirt. Nyro sent a glare his way as they were prepared for the debriefing of the test.

"Okay everyone," Instructor Keor began. Her Germanian accent was heavy and it made her sound like an old woman.
*Germanian is a language that sounds like  German.

"The test will vary depending on your suggestions. You must set your own battles to test your strengths. However, the mission ranking must be at least a C-rank as this mission is, in fact, a C-rank. If you like you can up the mission to B-rank but it must be no less than a C," she said.
*Missions were ranked depending on what they were about. The ranks from lowest to highest are E, D, C, B, A, and Z.

"Excuse me," Nyro said raising his hand.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Um...I was told that the mission ranking here is different from my home in Velsen, can you expound on the ranking of each mission?" he asked.

"Very well," she said. "E-rank missions are like message deliveries, errands and such. D-rank missions are like escort missions or retrieval missions. C-rank missions are like human trafficking or hostage retrievals depending on the hostage. B-rank missions are assassinations, higher level hostage retrievals and protection unit missions-city protection. A-rank are higher up assassinations and protection unit missions as well as missions served under the Court. But any mission assigned by the highest order in the city is a Z-rank."

"Thanks," Nyro said as he ran it over in his head.

"Now since there are eleven of you and we have 6 simulators, 6 of you will go first and the other 5 will go after. If you exceed the given time limit for your mission then you fail," Instructor Sergio said.