Chapter Three • The Duel

You guys have probably realized this already but I'm reediting chapters because due to school and all that crap I had to pause the book. But now I just decided to finish the book and edit upon publishing so that's what I'm doing. It'll be until next week that new chapters will be coming out but please accept these revised ones as a good replacement. I mean, if it helps, try rereading it. Also Character Pages will be created so you understand the characters better. Anyways read on and enjoy!! And spread the book around. :)

Nyro Slevon I

Nyro was a child from the second strongest bloodline in the entire Slevon family. Next to the Royal Bloodline. He was indeed strong. He was called one day out of the blues by his parents, hence what was happening right now.

"Mom? Dad?" he asked as his head poked inside the office. His older sister, René Slevon, was already in the room with her hand beckoning him to come in.

"Get in," she said.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"Mom and Dad are sending us off to another city to an academy. I'll be finishing my senior years and you'll start your junior year, though a bit late," she said.

"What?" his head snapped towards his parents who were nodding at him.

"It's for the best," his mother said. His dad only sighed agreeing with his wedded wife. Nyro attempted to argue but his sister shushed him.

"Keep calm. If it interests you, Greyston is the city in which the survivors of the Vernard family reside. The Lightgazer sword is also with them," she told him.

He smiled.

"I'll pack my bags," he said.

After the duel proposition...

It was strange, his change of mind that is. But the truth was, Nyro too once had a fragment of the Lightgazer. The problem was that his fragment was stolen and the only other one left in the known is the Axan. Nyro's was called Kratos. And that sword destroyed anyone. It could only master one of the Lightgazer's paths, the Ultima.

Nyro went home to his sister smiling as he finished his classes. He had particularly kept a close eye on Vann at a battle simulation class. While he had taken 16 minutes entirely to beat the 10 beasts, Vann took only 7.

"Sis! I challenged Vann," he said leaning against the door to her room where she was practicing judo.

"Oh really? Did you bring your sword?" René asked.

"Uh yeah but I'm going to need to borrow your Berserker-type blade," he said.

"Why? Your Long-type sword is almost as fast as a Short-type blade and almost as strong as a Berserker-type. It's one of the few ones that were created," she said not looking at him.

"He has the Axan," he said. René paused.

"What?" she asked.

"He was bound to the blade," he announced.

"You challenged the wielder of the Lightgazer. If he unlocked the Ultima or Optima you are screwed," she snapped.

"That's why we're dueling for the blade. I might unlock something even greater. The Destructum," he said.

"You're a fool brother. He has an advantage. Even my blade won't compare," she said.

"But it's almost as strong," Nyro argued back. His sister sighed. She activated her golden ring, the fourth strongest ring out of six.