Nine: Day Two, Visiting the Grave

Arthur sat in his car. It was only three o’clock and Mystery was napping in the passenger seat. He had driven home already, but wasn’t sure if he was ready to call it a day. ‘Do I dare?’ He restarted his car, stirring Mystery a bit, and drove off to a location he never imagined he’d visit at a time like this.

~~~

“I’ll be r-right back, Mystery,” Arthur pet the dog’s head softly before leaving the car and locking it.

He started walking into the cemetery. Arthur took a deep breath and continued forward looking for a particular gravestone.

Richard Gomez Sr.

Francine Lennards

Ryan Orellano

Lewis Pepper

Arthur sighed and sat in front of the gravestone and blue and purple flowers that had been there ages ago. For a long while, he just sat there silently, staring at the words on the stone.

Lewis Pepper 1994-2015
Loved by everyone he met
Truly will be missed

The wind began to blow, snow lightly started to fall, but it didn’t bother Arthur. He needed to be here. He needed to talk to his grave before he was sent to his own.

“Um...hi, Lewis,” he started. “I’ve never been here before. It’s a shame, really. I kinda feel that I should be here now that I’m so close to death. I don’t know what to say, nothing’s gonna change your mind about killing me. Heh, I’m talking to a corpse, how crazier can I get? I wonder if Lewis’ ghost can hear me by talking to this corpse...I’m getting sidetracked, sorry.”

Arthur looked around awkwardly.

“Lew, remember how close we were? We were basically brothers! Heh, never had a brother before. It was nice while it lasted.”

He sighed and repositioned himself closer.

“Remember when we first became friends? We had a rough start. It was in second grade and you were kind of a bully. You beat me up for telling the principal about you bullying me. I threw one punch straight in your jaw and you stopped fighting me afterwards and said I was a cool kid. And then were friends since that day. Heh, that was a great day for me. You were my first friend, Lew.”

Arthur smiled at the memory.

“I’m sorry...I know it doesn’t matter to you, but it does to me. I can’t say I’m sorry enough, Lewis, even though it wasn’t my fault...okay, it was my fault, okay? I’ll admit it. I was possessed, yes, but the only reason it got in was because I was too emotional and weak. If I wasn’t possessed, I would still have those emotions, but I would never push you.”

Arthur shed a few tears as snow started falling a little faster and a little thicker. He put on his hood.

“Lewis...I won’t try to fight you. I’ll let you kill me on my birthday and I won’t stop you. You don’t even have to let me have last words. I sure didn’t give you any. You deserve this. I deserve this. It’s for the best.”

Arthur stood up and wiped his tears.

“I gotta go, Lew It’s starting to snow a lot. I’ll see you in two days, or maybe even in my dreams. It was nice chatting. Bye, Lew.”

Arthur smiled a little and walked back to his car.

~~~

Mystery spun around in circles as Arthur put on his pajamas. The blonde smiled at him after putting on his tee shirt.

“Hey, boy,” he said and picked up the dog.

Mystery barked and licked Arthur's cheek. Arthur laughed and hugged the dog. “I love y-you too, b-buddy.”

He really was going to miss Mystery. That dog had been with him from day one. Arthur had found the dog as a little pup on his doorstep, beaten and sick. He cared for him as his own pet and nursed him back to health. After Arthur finished nursing him back to health, he tried to send him to the animal shelter, but he couldn’t go along with it. The look on the pup’s face was so devastating when he thought he wasn’t wanted. Arthur ended up being his owner and let Vivi name him Mystery.

Vivi automatically fell in love with the dog, being a dog-lover, it was kind of expected. Lewis thought Mystery was cute, he was more of a cat person, despite the allergy. Vivi wanted to keep Mystery, but Arthur wouldn’t let her. Mystery was his to take care of. However, they both came up with an agreement that she would take care of Mystery whenever he went on a vacation.

Now as Mystery was licking his face, he realized just how much he cared for this dog and how much his dog loved him. He realized how much he was going to miss him. How was Mystery going to live without him? How was he going to live without Mystery?

He would have to stop by Vivi’s tomorrow and drop him off there. What would his excuse be?

Hey, Vivi. Here, take Mystery for a few days. Why? Because he deserves to be with you.

Why? Because you’ve always wanted him.

Why? Because I’m going to die tomorrow and I want him to have someone to take care of him.

Arthur hugged Mystery tighter. “Tell you wh-what, boy. Tomorrow’s g-gonna be d-dedicated to you, okay? I-I’ve spent a d-day with V-Vivi, a half a d-day with m-my uncle, and a h-half with the P-Peppers, so t-tomorrow it’s j-just you and m-me. That s-sound good?”

Mystery barked cheerfully and licked Arthur’s cheek again.

“Okay, but for n-now, let’s g-get some sl-sleep, yeah?”

Arthur placed the dog on the bed and then hopped on himself.

“Goodnight, buddy.”

He placed a small kiss on Mystery’s forehead before laying down comfortably and drifting on to sleep.

‘Two days down, two to go…’

~~~

Not even gonna mention how late this is...

Kay, so, hi! I'm working on a new undertale story. It's a crossover with ???. I've been working on a lot of things. I have so many ideas! And with this newfound knowledge of the mystery skulls, things are just going wild in my brain.

I know the Mystery Skulls are like 3 years old, but I just saw it last year and missed the opportunity when it was...more popular.

In other news, my laptop is working again so...yay! Just gotta do a quick (loooooonnnngggg) system restore because windows 10 update...

Anyway, enough rambling. At least I said stuff this time. I hope you enjoyed this, leave a vote/comment if you did. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to check if One Piece (dubbed, i hate subbed (pls,dont hurt me)) has been updated...bOi!!!!!!