14. Sleepover

After last night's victory, Ryan and I went back to my room to celebrate. Like always, Ryan was cocky about it, but in a good way. He had me on his arm, laughing at some joke he said about one of the swimmers that was competing with him. I wasn't laughing because it was funny, I was laughing out of pure joy. I was happy. I was happy that I found someone that I could connect to on so many levels. Ryan and I had so much in common, surprisingly.

When we got to my room, I opened the door and drunkly made my way inside the room. Ryan was still intertwined with me, almost knocking me down on my own feet while slurring the national anthem. I shushed him. "You didn't win the gold yet..."

"Yet!" He shouted. I shushed him again, noticing Kerri in her bed sound asleep. I turned to look to Ryan but at the same time he grabbed me, "We can go in my room." He suggested. I nodded and we both walked back out the room.

That was two hours ago.

Now I lay awake in Ryan's bed with him on the side of me, snoring like crazy. I may like this guy, but his snoring is driving me crazy!

I was tired as hell. Ryan and I went partying after his competition. I mostly sat down so I wouldn't hurt my ankle anymore; it was still healing a bit but I just wanted to be cautious. Ryan and I had a good time, even drinking a bit too much like we were already done with the Olympics and celebrating our gold metals. The night ended with us staying until the club closed, which was 3am. After that we went over to some of the basketball players' room and had some drinks. We arrived back to Ryan's room at 5am where we got only two hours of sleep.

Ryan stirred and turned from his back to face me. He finally stopped snoring! I turned to him and placed a kiss on his cheek, admiring his face. All of a sudden, he smiled.

"Good morning, Mel." I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Morning! How was your snore-I mean sleep?"

His eyebrows rose in confusion, "Um, good I guess. Well, very good because I slept with you. Well, not slept with you but slept next to you."

I leaned in closer to him and pecked him on his lips, shutting him up.

"Good, me too. Except for this horrible hangover. I'm just glad we went out and had some fun."

"Me too." He said, pushing me even closer to him and hugging me tightly but not too tight to hurt me.

"The room is spinning right now, what is life?" I blurted. Ryan chuckles but quickly stopped, "Ugh. Freaking headache. Need medicine, now."

"Here!" A voice blurted out from across the room. Nathan walked over and placed the bottle of medicine and two water bottles on the nightstand by the bed.

"Thank me later. Now get better because you have another competition tonight, Ryan."

Ryan nodded slowly with his hands covering his forehead. "Okay okay okay!" He whispered, "My head is pounding."

"Get some more rest." I suggested to him. Nathan walked out the room with his gym bag, probably going to the gym for a workout.

"Only if you stay a couple more hours with me." Ryan poked out his lip. I nodded. "Of course." He whispered and cheered at the same time as I grabbed the medicine and water. "But first, we take this."

hello! so this was kinda a filler chapter. sneak peak of the next chapter: ryan askes melanie to be his girlfriend, but there will be a twist!