2. Just Friends

I didn't see Michael or Ryan when I boarded the plane. I was tired as hell but I greeted most of Team USA, well the ones that were awake. I had got a window seat and I was happy about that. I loved watching the sky as the plane flew.

I was awakened by someone constantly shaking my shoulders.

"Mel, it's time to get off the plane."

The first thing I saw was Kerri's blonde hair in a fishtail braid. She smiled at me and motioned for me to come on. Around us, people were gathering their things and heading off the plane.

I smiled back at her and got up from my seat. I grabbed my things and headed off the plane following her.

Kerri and I were sharing a room together. She picked the right side and I had the left. After unpacking some of our things, our coach came into our room. Coach Ann gave us the rundown for what we would be doing the whole time in Rio. Not only did we have the games, but we also had to do promo, interviews, and had the option to see the other games when we had time off. The athletes had to come a week early before the games, so we had time to relax. Haha, not really.

"Oh, and practice tomorrow at 7am on the beach." Coach said before leaving our room.

Kerri laughed at me as I groaned. "Is it too late to retire already?" I said as I fell back onto my bed. "I should be the one saying that!" She joked along with me. I would never stop playing volleyball because I loved it way too much, but sometimes the training is excruciating.

As I was thinking about practice later and how Kerri and I were gonna dominate the games, a knock was at the door. I turned to Kerri but she was just going in the bathroom and closing the door. Hm, guess that means I have to get my lazy ass up and answer it.

I got up and opened the door to see...Ryan? My mouth flew open at his new Olympic look.

"Nice hair." I saw at the now blonde headed Ryan. "I know people like to look their best for the games but you know you didn't need any help with that." I giggled. Ryan opened his mouth to say something but quickly smirked. Once I realized what I said, I blushed.

"Thanks beautiful." He finally replied.

"I just wanted to change it up a bit. Figured it would give something people would talk about." He continued.

I nodded, still kind of shocked about what I said to him. "D-Do you want to come in?" I stuttered. Damn, I can't be like this around him. He'll probably think I'm scared of him or something. Or like him. I mean, I do like him as a friend right now, but I would have to get to know him more.

He walked in and stood in the middle of the floor and looked at me.

"So are you going to the mixer later today?" He asked.

I nodded, "Oh yeah sure. What time is that?"

"Six to until. Wanna come with me? I mean, you don't have to really. It's no big deal." He said quickly. "Yeah definitely!" I smiled at him. What? We're just friends, that's all. I literally just met the dude yesterday.

"Alright, make sure you're ready for 6." He said to me before leaving out of the room. We said a quick goodbye to each other. Once the door closed, Kerri came out of the bathroom smirking so hard.

"What are you smirking for?" I said as I took out a pair of shorts and a nice tank top for later. She came over and poked me on the side, which made me jump a little. "You two would be cute together." She said as she hugged her arm around my neck. "Be careful though, he's older and have a lot of experience with some girls. Remember what we're here for."

I smiled at her and hugged her. "I'm here for the gold, not a relationship." I assured her. I was here to win and nothing's gonna get in my way.

-

Short and sweet cause it's a filler chapter! Vote/Comment for more! I update everyday ❤️