Percy

I was hoping for the best. Almost all of the tributes who looked like a threat were monsters so killing them would be no biggie.

They still didn't attack and I knew why. The game. The big bulky kids from the other districts knew that they could get away with killing me. They existed under thick masks and many demigods had never even realized what they were anymore.

I did know one thing for sure though. The twelve year old paired with me from district 11 was a demigod. She may not have known but by the way the other, bigger, kids stared at her with murder in their eyes, she had to be.

I immediately confronted her about it. I needed to know the truth.

"Rue, can we talk?" I asked

"Sure Percy." she said with a tired voice.

"I have a very important question to ask you."

"Ask away.". Her mock enthusiasm amused me but then I snapped back to focus.

"Who are your parents?"I asked. She was silent. Probably deciding if she would tell the truth or a lie.

"You won't believe me," she warned, "but, my father is a Greek god. Poseidon. Mother is a mortal woman named Lara," she concluded and the raised her eyes to mine.

I was shocked. My face probably showed it as well because she the said,

"I knew you wouldn't believe me."

She turned and started to walk away. I yelped "wait!" and she turned.

"I do believe you!" I said. "He's my father to."

Now it was her turn to be shocked. She walked up to me with an incredulous look on her face.

"You are lying to make me feel better," she accused.

"No I'm not! I'll prove it!" I retorted

I walked around the corner and she followed. Carefully making sure nobody else saw I pulled riptide out of my pocket.

"This pen is not proof," she said blankly.

"Un cap it then," I urged.

Sarcastically she made a big deal of taking the cap off the pen. Her eyes widened to the size of saucers when it grew to a full length sword.

Her mouth hung agape at the celestial bronze blade.

"You can't bring this in the arena," she said. "The would take it before you go."

"That's the magic of it," I said while hastily recapping it. "If it ever leaves my pocket it will reappear back when I need it!"

We heard footsteps and turned. The boy from district 2, Cato, was swiftly walking down the hallway.

Rue quickly mouthed 'thank you' as she headed down the path. She hadn't walked five feet when Cato pushed past her slamming her into the wall. Her eyes followed him while she regained her cool.

For a brief moment percy saw past the thick mist surrounding him and saw the body of a telekhine.

That's when percy knew that whatever it took he would protect Rue and take her back to a place... or more like time where she could be safe.