Chapter Ten - Glory

Next installment guys hope you like it! I do hehe

if there is any mistakes (which there probs is becasue editing is the bane of my life!) just comment and let me know plaese.

my best friend made me a cake because thanks to you i got 1000 reads :D i love cakes hahaha no i love my best friend. I'm reading one day by david nicholls and its amazing i loved the film too, daymn jim sturgis is HOT.

so is xion though and benson though i like xion better, you? 

.....

anyway shit is about to go down in the second part which im working on now- omg! anyway my lovelies thank you so much! enjoy! :D 

Im thinking of getting a new cover? whatch think? 

(thank you rant over- enjoy! vote comment ad fan i guess) :)

-Mariam xxx

Chapter Ten [Part 1]- Mouthwash.

My run the next morning didn’t seem quiet as successful or glorious as yesterdays.

I inhaled the smoke and tabacco heavily before flicking it to the edge of the sea. It was very early, about six in the morning- I’m tired and hung over but this was my routine now.

Bored of the tedious rhythm of footsteps. I sat down on the powdered sand hoisting my knees together. But then I got up once more like a puppet. If anyone had been watching they would have thought me very odd, I was odd. Well, not that odd, yanking off my clothes messily in such haste.  I ran in the sea.

For the brief moment earlier when I sat on the sand I wondered what the water would feel like. Now with the cool liquid rippling around me I realised my idea of skinny dipping at sunrise wasn’t that reckless. The water had a surreal blue glow to it as I cupped some between my fingers it had the same shade as my lurid mouth wash, only I was sure this wouldn’t taste as good.

Eventually my fingers wrinkled like prunes and the salt invaded my eyes, I stopped swimming and allowed the wading water to float my body to the shore. I became quite aware that people would soon be awake and coming to walk the dogs along the beach while they ponder philosophy.

I slumbered over the sandy dunes to where my small pile of clothes lay in a lazy bundle. Scooping up my boxers I sat on the sand waiting patiently for the sun to dry the dewy beads of salt water dotted around my body.

By the time I woke up I was a few shades darker, I must have slept for a long time. I ran my hand through my hair and rubbed my stubble absently groping around for the lighter and cigarette I should find in the pocket of my jeans which were sprawled by my feet.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

The feeling of Albert the cat’s tongue grazing my toes was a highly alarming shock to my system, unfortunately my very manly scream didn’t seem to bother the cat named ‘Berty’

My narrowed eyes scoured ahead in search of its owner. Moodily kicking at the sand and ushering the fur ball away from me.

“There you are Alberty, you plonker, I told you to wait for me!” she tutted. Her soft voice scolded the cat without real threat.

“Oh sorry about that , he’s normally very good” she assured me assuming I was a stranger and I watched in amusement as she did a double take running her eyes across my bare torso before raising her red face to mine.