Prologue

Prologue

15th October 2015

"No! Stop, Lara wait, stop!" Alex shouted, chasing after me but it was too late. I had already reached the cabinet which was stacked full of injective fluids. I scanned up and down the cabinet trying to find the draw named 1382.

Before I knew it, Alex spun me around and pushed my back up against the wall, making sure she had a firm grip on my wrists. She knew that I would easily be able to get out of her grip but it didn't stop her from putting all her energy into keeping me against the wall.

"For god sake, you have no idea what you're doing. Just listen--" She said but I didn't let her finish. I didn't want to let her finish, not with everything going on.

I rotated my wrists so that she had no other choice but to let go of them and before she had the chance to grip onto them again, I kneed her in the stomach and pushed her as far away from me as possible. She doubled over and fell to the floor which gave me the chance to go back to looking for what I was looking for.

I scanned the cabinet again but I still couldn't find the draw so I began taking each draw out one by. I knew that the fluid was red but all the draws filled with fluids were either another colour or something entirely different.

I heard Alex moving from behind me and so I hurried up but before I knew it, she had snuck up behind me and had yanked one of my ankles causing me to fall to the ground. Luckily, I landed on two hands and so I turned myself around and kicked her as hard as I could in the shoulder. She let go of my ankle but as I stood up, she ran into me, knocking me against the wall again.

"Just wait, let me--" she began but I really didn't need her to explain herself to me. I freed my arms but instead of pushing Alex away from me, I pushed her up against the wall and took out the pair of hand cuffs I had inside my jacket.

"How does it feel to be at the opposite end of the pushing around?" I asked her as I secured both of her hands together behind her back.

"Not that great" She replied and I pushed her away from me, making her fall back onto the floor before going back to the cabinets.

When I found it, I took out the glass bottle as well as a needle from the draw next to it. I stuck the needle into the bottle, inserting as much fluid inside it as possible.

"Bloody hell Lara, just let me explain, I know you don't want to hear it but if it'll stop you from doing something stupid--" She said but I interrupted her.

"The only stupid thing I've done was joining this place, and right now, I'm about to do something entirely opposite to that, so if you'll excuse me, I'd like to inject myself without hearing your voice" I said.

I put the needle in my right hand and rolled up the sleeves of my left. I then placed the needle right on the middle of my arm where the joint was before pushing the needle inside. I slowly began to push the liquid inside my arm, feeling the coldness of the fluid as it infected my veins.

Once I had finished, I put the needle down on the side before turning back to Alex.

"Now I have about two minutes left until it's all over so I'm going to go into the room opposite where i should be right now." I said to Alex and then I walked out of the door to the room opposite.

The room was smaller and had a one way mirror positioned opposite the wall where Alex could see me but I couldn't see her. I stood facing the mirror, almost seeing Alex opposite me. It was dark in the room and the only light came from the mirror reflection. Alex's voice filled the room, broadcasted by a single microphone which was somewhere in the room.

"Lara, I truly hate you right now. You find out a small amount of information and you go and do something like this. "Alex began but her voice tailed off.

"Well it's done now, so too bad I guess. That small amount of information was enough for me to make a decision. And if that was the small peice of information, I sure as hell don't want to know the rest," I replied.

"And if we hadn't have told you, then what?" She asked

"I would have found out one way or another anyway." I replied.

"But you would have been ready" Alex replied.

"How much longer left?" I asked, ignoring her previous sentence.

"Around thirty seconds," she said and then it went so quiet I wasn't sure whether she was there or not.

"Alex?" I asked.

"Yes" She replied.

"Promise me something" I said.

"What?" She asked.

"I want to be sure of something. Promise me what you told me wasn't a lie. Because I swear if it was, then damn you," I said, but Alex didn't reply.

"Alex?" I said.

"Alex!" I shouted. There was still no reply and I wondered whether she was ignoring me on purpose but then her voice came again.

"I promise" I heard her say.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So guys, I hope you liked it. I'll be uploading every Friday so they'll be regular updates.

If you haven't already, then please vote and comment and add it to your library.

It would be even more appreciated if you could add it to your reading list

First comment get's the next chapter dedication

Cios