Chapter 28 : Sebastian talks to his uncle

Chapter 28

The next day...

Sebastian POV

"I seriously can't believe you, Sebastian," my uncle said.

"Look. He started it!"

"That's what you said when you got into those other fights at your old school."

"Well it's true! I don't start fights! But I defend myself!"

"So you didn't start it?"

"No! Nick started it!"

"And why did he want to start a fight with you?"

I sighed, and explained the whole story to him. But he was mad at me because I bullied Jeff in the beginning.

"You know, Sebastian, I have a great career right now. I'm making a lot of money, and I really didn't want a kid who gets into trouble. The only reason I took you was because I didn't want you to get separated from our family. But if you're going to cause trouble-"

"I wasn't trying to! I just didn't want to get beat up! I was defending myself!"

"In any case Sebastian, if I get any word that you're misbehaving or getting into trouble, you're going to be sent away faster than you can say military school."

"N-no! Please don't send me there! I won't be able to handle it! I want to stay at Dalton!"

"You can stay there for now, but misbehave again, and that's where you're going."

"Ok! I promise I'll behave!"

"Good. Now go up to your room. I'll bring up your meals. I want you to think about what you've done."

"Yes, sir..."

I went up to my bedroom. I really didn't have much here. In fact, all my clothes are at Dalton, so I had to sleep in my uniform last night. And I'm still wearing it now. It was really annoying actually.

I sat down on my bed, and sighed. I didn't know what to do with myself. I really need to make sure I don't get into trouble. I'll never survive military school. I would rather die than go there.

I just wish I could go to Dalton but have friends. I want to be friends with Alex, Jeff, and even Nick if he'll let me.

"Hey. So you'll have 4 more days to think about what you've done. But I was thinking maybe we could go to the mall and get you some other clothes," my uncle said, standing in the doorway.

I looked at him, not really knowing what to say.

"Do you want to go?" He asked.

"Um... Yes, please," I said, standing up.

I got my shoes on, and then followed my uncle out the door, and got in his car.

I was silent the whole way there. I was upset, and I was also not very comfortable talking to my uncle. I barely even know him. He's taking good care of me, and making sure I've got clothes and stuff, but I'm not close with him.

We got to the mall, and we just got some clothes that were fairly cheap. The purpose of them was just to give me something to wear until I get back to Dalton. But I didn't care if the clothes were cheap. I was just glad I had something to wear besides my uniform. It needs to be washed. There's blood on it from the fight.

"So before we head back home, do you want to grab a bite to eat?"

I nodded, and followed him to the food court. I just got a burger. To be honest, I'd lost my appetite, but I figured I should eat and not worry my uncle.