Chapter 5

HEY. New chapter, sorry its been so long, I've just been busy with exams and being ill etc!

Anyway, enjoy :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Five

Emilys P.O.V

Today’s the day. Friday. I don’t even understand why I am so nervous. I’m only going round to hang out with friends. Yeah they may be super famous but oh well! It will be fun!

I stared at my reflection, and I admit, I didn’t look too awful. I had decided to wear my high-waisted denim shorts, with a one shouldered top tucked in. My hair was tied up into a loose bun on top of my head, and I had applied a small amount of make-up. I hadn’t caked it on though, didn’t want to end up looking like some orange faced tart!

I turned around and looked at my apartment, if that’s what you could call it. On my right was an old bed, with a bedside table next to it. At the foot of the bed was a chest of drawers, that had all my clothes spilling out of it. Next to the drawers was an old, squeaky coach, in which I’m positive many of the springs had broken. The front door was then on the left side of the sofa. Against the left wall of this room, there was a fridge-freezer and counter, with a sink built in. Behind me, next to the mirror I had just been facing was a door leading into the bathroom, which contained a toilet, sink and shower. None of which worked properly. All the walls needed a new layer of paint, as the current paint was peeling off, and having just bare floorboards was beginning to get on my nerves.

It was a shit place, if I’m honest. It was dusty and damp, and I often found it difficult to sleep in the night because I couldn’t stop coughing. But I shouldn’t really be complaining. At least I had some where to live, somewhere that was sort of home.

I walked over to the front door and slipped on my flip flops, grabbed my sunglasses and keys, and stepped out into the corridor, locking the door behind me.

The building that my apartment was in wasn’t in much better condition. The paint was peeling off the walls out here in the corridor, and the carpet was frayed and not put in properly. I made my way down to the end of the corridor, and to the stairs. My place was on the third floor, so the stairs were a bit of a workout, but it was my daily exercise!

When I reached the bottom, I left out the door at the side of the building, exiting out into the narrow alleyway at the side of the apartment block. I turned right and made my way up the alley, reaching the metal gate at the end. I used my other key to let myself out, locking the gate behind me and placing my keys in the back pocket of my shorts.

As I stepped out onto the street, the August sun shone down on me. I slipped my sunglasses on and made my way down the path, in the direction of the tube station. Seeing as my building was in a slightly rougher part of London, I had to get the tube to the centre of London, where the nicer area is. But I did this almost every day to get to work, so it was nothing new.

It was about a thirty minute journey on the tube, and luckily I had just avoided rush hour, so I had managed to get a seat. As I relaxed into the familiar swaying of the train, I let my mind wander.

I thought about back in Bristol. I wonder how Keira is. God I miss her. And how was my dad coping? How is he managing to actually get his own drinks? He might have contacted the police about me being missing, but I really doubt that. I don’t expect he even cares really. However, to be sure, I have cut my hair since I left home. My hair used to be really long, almost down to my waist. But when I moved to London I had it cut to shoulder length, so then at least I’m slightly less recognisable, just in case.