°Chapter 6°

A/N: In the part of the chapter after the plus signs (+), you'll notice that there are a lot of italics. This is because these sentences are being spoken in Korean. Enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran as hard and as fast as I could, never looking back to see if he'd gotten closer to me or not. I knew he was chasing after me and he wasn't very far behind if the loud sound of his footsteps hitting the pavement were anything to go by. I was so tired. My muscles were aching so bad and my lungs struggled to inhale oxygen properly, but I pushed myself. I kept running.

What I needed to do was lose him. If I lost him for long enough, I could return to the other side of the station and go to the police. But, with him hot on my heels, that's impossible. 'Or is it?' I thought to myself as I saw a small ally entrance. 'I bet if I dip in fast enough it'll catch him off guard, and I'll gain a little distance on him.'

As soon as I got towards the ally, I made a quick dip into it and looked back to see I had caught the man off guard. He wasn't expecting me to do this. He may not have been expecting me to make a quick turn into a random ally, but I definitely wasn't expecting my one step forward to bring me two steps back. Or rather knock me two feet back.

While my head was turned to see if the man had fallen for my trick, I hadn't noticed a set of really low fire escape stairs right in front of me. The second I turned around, I ran right into them and flew back from the force.

"Ah!" I cried out, raising my hands to hold onto my now bleeding forehead. I rolled into the fetal position and sobbed at the pain I was feeling in my face. Dirt stuck to my face and blood and tears rushed down my face. With my blurry vision, I could make out a figure stalking towards me, and I knew it wasn't someone coming to help me once I heard their mocking laugh. "You run quite fast, little deer. But prey seldom outrun predators."

The man came closer and squat down over my pain filled figure. He brushed some hair and dirt from my face before roughly grabbing me, his fingers digging into the end of the gash across the top of my forehead. "You know, I'm actually happy I found you. Unlike everyone else, you put up a good chase. That's something I haven't experienced in a long time. I feel so excited, so high off of this feeling. And I'd like to thank you." He tugged my head up by my hair this time, causing a cry to slip from my lips. "Thank you. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't feel so nice."

I whined as his other hand gripped my cheeks and pushed it into a pouty face before shaking it from side to side as if I were a baby. "But, even so, I still have to punish you. You are the little bitch that bit me, after all. And I can't have that," he spat out maliciously and shook his head before standing from his previously squatted position. I took that as my chance.

"HELP!! SOMEBODY, PLEASE HELP ME! HE-"

The man hit me so hard in my face, I swear I could feel it in my feet. I became really light-headed and the whole world felt like it was spinning. I'd lost a lot of blood from running into the fire escape, and the hit I took to the face from this man's fists only made it worse. This can't be any good. My vision began to blur, but this time, it wasn't due to tears. Darkness rimmed around my sight and I felt my eyes begin to close. But before they did, someone came into sight.

"Hey! What are you doing!? Stop!"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

3RD PERSON POV

"Eomma, I'm going out for a minute. I'll be back soon!" a boy's voice boomed through his home and to his mother's ears. "What? Where are you going?" she asked, rushing to the door only to find her youngest son already pulling his second shoe onto his foot. "The store," was the answer he gave. "Why?" she questioned, confusion etched into her features. "I've already made a trip to the store today." "I know, Eomma. But I have something important to get." "Have you seen what time it is? What could you possibly need so badly that you would go out at this time? Can't you wait until the morning? You know how dangerous it can get at night!"