Let Go 3

"So, Hikaru," Kaoru burst into my house, soaked to the bone from the rain outside, "Something weird just happened at the bakery."

I sighed.

"They told me they were out of bread." 

Kaoru crossed his arms and I could tell how pissed he was.

"Yeah, I went to check because you never called me. And as soon as I walked through the door this short employee basically attacked me." He snapped. "What the hell did you do?"

I choked on the tea I was drinking; then smashed down the cup and looked up angrily.

"I didn't do anything to that brat! She did something to me!" I yelled. Kaoru nodded, his expression becoming softer.

"I hoped that was the case. All she did was scream, "it's you! Its you!" over and over until I got the message and just left." He shrugged. "She thought I was you. I don't blame her, people mistake us all the time... By the way, sorry I yelled, I'm actually pretty stressed right now."

"I can tell." I sighed, standing.

"So what happened?" He asked.

"Well, I asked for bread and she didn't have any. Naturally, I got upset and yelled. And then she yelled back. And then I called her short, and she called me a loner. That's when I left." I stated, not holding back. Kaoru blinked a few times before replying to that.

"And while you were fighting with this girl, you didn't think of Haruhi at all?" He asked, his voice rising at the end-- kind of cautiously. It bounced right off.

"Nope." I said without hesitation. Kaoru broke out with a wide smile.

"That's great then!" He cheered. I raised an eyebrow. "You should totally go see this girl again!"

"But I don't like her." I droned. Kaoru rolled his eyes.

"It's not like that. Go see her again and just talk or something. She got Haruhi off of your mind before, right? She might be able to do that again." He winked. I still wasn't buying it.

"No. She's mean to me." I pouted. Kaoru wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned his head on my shoulder.

"Aww... Poor baby!" He cooed in my ear. I laughed a little and pushed him off. 

"Stop, that tickles." I crossed my arms and tried not to smile, but Kaoru was my cryptonite and I failed miserably.

"Look," He started up again, "Are you gay?"

"No," 

"Bi?"

"Maybe," I smirked. It was a joke we had ever since our little "act" at the host club.

"Whatever. Go see this girl, now." He pointed to the door, cracking a smile. I had to give in.

********

 I stood at the closed bakery doors in the rain again, debating about going through with this little plan of Kaoru's. All I had to do was fight with her, and then I'd get over Haruhi. But what should I say? I didn't want to hurt her feelings... Though she did hurt mine. The "short" thing seemed to hit a nerve.

"H-hey...?!" I Heard a small, confused voice coming from behind me. It was Megumi. She was holding a black umbrella and was wearing a dark button up coat. Her hair was pulled up into a high ponytail this time, with her bangs and two longer strands hanging down on the sides of her face. 

"You've came here, like, five-thousand times already... Why can't you leave?" She groaned, slouching over her shoulders dramatically. I smirked a little, already getting that Kaoru said the right thing. As always.

"Exaggerate much?" I asked. "I've only been here once. The other guy was my twin."

Her mouth fell open a bit in shock. She had nice teeth... Which was totally off of the subject, but I still noticed. 

"Wha... Y-you've got to be kidding, right?" Megumi let the umbrella fall. I didn't really know what to do.

"No...?" I dragged out the "o" sound. She suddenly lunged at me and grabbed the collar of my shirt. I flinched, but then got over it. She was so short that she could barley even look me dead in the eye.

"I almost killed your twin today!" She shrieked. "Why didn't you say anything?!"

That pissed me off.

"Uh, maybe because you spent to much time yelling at me!" I pushed her off of me. "For a second, I thought you were going to apologize for insulting me this morning!"

She remembered what had happened and then calmed down a little. 

"S-sorry. I've been told I have a weird way of dealing with things..." She mumbled. I straightened up a bit.

"Things? What kind of things?"

"Emotions." She looked up at me with her jet black eyes, and I swear a breath hitched in my throat before I was able to talk again.

"Like stress, or anger, or in your case agrivation. Hey, who even are you again?" She turned away from me and looked up at the sky. Her hair was lightly wavy in her ponytail, different from her straightened hair earlier.

"Hikaru Hitachiin. Hey, do you straighten your hair?" I suddenly exclaimed. 

"What? Why do you care?" She yelped, clutching on to her ponytail. I laughed a little and decided to tell her the truth about why I had came there.

"You know... I really don't care. In fact, there are only three things that I care about right now. Kaoru, my twin, Minako, his girlfriend, and Haruhi."

She looked confused. 

"She's the girl I'm in love with." I admitted. It was the first time I had ever really said that out loud to anyone other than Kaoru. She nodded and smiled.

"That's nice. Where is she now?" She asked. The sick feeling was back.

"Well, uh... That's the thing. She kind of married my best friend two weeks ago. I'm trying to get over her, but it's not really working so well." I said softly. Her eyes widened with sudden realization.

"Oh, god, I'm really sorry! The words I said to you earlier today...!"

"It's fine. Like I said, I'm sort of used to it."

She smiled a little and avoided my gaze again.

"Anyway, I am sorry. The truth is, I'm going through something... similar." She took a deep breath. I waited for her to keep talking, but she didn't.

"What happened?" I finally asked. She jumped a bit, taken aback by my question. 

"Um... I- I'd really rather not say at the moment... I hardly even know you." 

I nodded determindly.

"The real reason I came here today was to fight with you, you know. My brother told me to, because it kept my mind off of Haruhi." I said. She looked up at me, startled. 

"But now I want to know you. And fight with you, if possible, too." I shrugged. 

"My name is Megumi. I work in a bakery." She listed. I playfully pushed her away from me and she giggled a little. She was awfully cute when she laughed.

"So can I see you again, idiot?" She asked, trying to sound rude. I decided to play along.

"Only if you give me your number. Try not to brag about it to much to your friends-- if you have any." 

She smirked and put her number in my phone.

"I hope you know what you've started, Hitachiin." She said flirtaciously, sashaying back into the bakery.

********

Thank you for reading!