Let Go 6

Kaoru's smirk was plastered to his adorable, stupid face the instant he opened the door and saw Megumi standing with me.

Idiot.

"You brought a guest?!" Minako shrieked with excitement. I blushed and nodded. Kaoru just kept right on smirking.

Adorable freaking idiot.

"That's great! Oh, my god, it's so nice to meet you. My name is Minako, I'm Kaoru's girlfriend!" She grabbed Megumi's hand and started shaking it frantically. Megumi smiled happily and let herself be led inside. Kaoru and I were alone.

And he sent me this look.

It wasn't a look that I could really explain that well... But it was a mixture of, "I'm proud of you, I told you so, and What are you going to do now?"

"Don't!" I threw up my hands defensively and allowed him to smirk some more. "Don't say anything! I have no idea what I'm doing..."

He crossed his arms and stepped closer so that our noses were almost touching.

"What do you mean?" He asked slyly, "Just be YOU. She makes you feel better, right?"

I avoided his gaze, no matter how difficult or close he was.

"I don't know... It's just... We met a short time ago, and--"

"And yet you went over to her house today, and then invited her over for dinner." Kaoru stated, pulling away. I blushed harder.

"Maybe."

"And what happened at her house?" He emphasized the words, 'what happened'. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, my god, nothing! I helped her out with homework. Kaoru, stop questioning me like dad." I scolded. He, yet again, smirked.

"Nah, I'll think I'm gonna have lots of fun with this." He laughed a little and tilted his head to the right. I mussed up his hair and then grabbed his arm, pulling him inside.

We entered the kitchen and saw the girls sitting at the counter, talking and drinking water. I noticed that Megumi had a glint in her eye that I had never seen before. She looked like she was happy. Not the same as she was with me.

Was Minako her first actual friend? I mean, she lived alone with a cat and seemed lonely all the time.

It was sad.

"So, Megumi, I've never really properly introduced myself since that incident at the Bakery. I'm Kaoru Hitachiin, Hikaru's twin." Kaoru gave a cheeky smile and held out his hand. Megumi grinned and shook it.

"Wow, you two really do look exactly alike..." She trailed off. "I'm Megumi."

After the introductions were over, we decided to break the ice a little.

"Megumi, what would you like for dinner?" Minako asked. Kaoru walked over to his girlfriend and wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his head in the crook of her neck. She blushed and moved a little closer to him.

"Well... Whatever you have is fine with me, really." She smiled politely. She looked up at me with those dark eyes and I swear I couldn't breathe for a moment. How cute.

"What about you?"

I shrugged and fought off the urge to do what Kaoru was doing. It had been so long since I embraced a girl. It didn't matter who it was, I just knew it would help me feel less alone.

"Don't care." I replied. Megumi crossed her arms and pouted, causing Kaoru to send me yet another smirk. She walked across the room and took my hand in hers. I was sure I was blushing, because I didn't see it coming.