Resolving

Marinette POV

I walked into the classroom, late as usual. I sat in my seat and Alya nearly implaled me with her finger.

"Ow! Alya!" I hissed under my breath.

"Girl! Did you see the akuma fight yesterday!?" Alya whispered loudly. 

"What akuma fight?" I asked confused... I was in bed all day. Or at least I think I was. 

Tikki told me I had gotten sick, and that I was asleep all day. Strangely, I couldn't remember yesterday at all.

"Ladybug got akumatized!" 

"WHAT!?" I cried out, forgetting we were in a classroom.

"Marinette. Is there something you need to say?" the teacher asked, annoyed that she was interrupted.

"No miss." I watched until she was turned around again.

"I... Ladybug got akumatized?!" I asked Alya.

"Yeah, look at this." 

She passed me her phone under the table, as well as an earpiece. I checked to make sure no one was watching me, then pushed play. 

I... I mean Ladybug, appeared in the school yard. Only my suit was black with red spots instead of the other way around. People screamed and scattered as I rounded on Chloe. Chloe screamed and started to run, with me grinning. I raised my hand and sparks flew as Chloe tripped and fell in a mud pile. (Quite funny, in a devious sort of way.) I raised my hands again but a pole appeared and Chat Noir blocked me. I watched in horror as I fought him, saying Chat worthy puns in the process. (Cringy) 

We lept away and the video ended.

"What happened next?" I asked removing the earpiece.

"I don't know. I couldn't find where they went. All I know is that Chat was seen later swinging away. All the damage was fixed so I assume he defeated the akuma. I wonder what happened to Ladybug that managed to get her akumatized..." Alya went into thought.

"Wow." I sat dumbstruck.

Did I really get akumatized? I didn't think I was that sad about... Adrien. Just saying the name broke my heart a little more. I looked up at the blonde boy in front of me and was amazed to find that he was looking back. He blushed and turned around.

I turned to Alya to see if she had seen that. Which she had. The deep scowl on her face told me that my bff had a serious grudge against this guy now. 

(After Class)

The bell rang and Alya stood up so fast I thought the desk would topple over. She marched up to Adrien and led him out of class. I quickly gathered my stuff. I probably would have to drag her away screaming from Adrien. I knew how protective Alya could get.

I ran outside and found Adrien looking frightened at the EXTREMELY angry Alya giving him a piece of her mind.

"Alya, don't do this." I pleaded dragging her away.

"Wait! Marinette I need to talk to you!" Adrien said after me. 

I turned to face him but Alya threw herself between us dramatically.

"No! Mari come on, let's go get lunch or something." 

"No Alya. I'll hear what he has to say. I'll catch up with you in a second." 

I threw a look at her that said, I know what I'm doing. Don't worry.

She looked suspicious, but thankfully walked away.

"I'm sorry about Alya, she can get protective." I said to Adrien, who looked hurt.

"Oh, it's okay. I get it. I want to apologize for the other day. I thought about it a lot and decided I shouldn't be so attached to one person that I don't give others a try. If you still want to... there's a new movie coming out next Tuesday..." he said shyly.

I fought my emotions, which wanted nothing more to scream yes... 

"I'm sorry Adrien, but I'm afraid I have someone else to see too. Like you said, we shouldn't be so attached to one person that we don't give others an opportunity." I paused, "I just counterpointed myself." 

I started to laugh taking Adrien by surprise.

"You know, I will go with you. But more of a friend thing okay?" I asked, smiling at my amazing ability to not stutter at the sight of him anymore.

He smiled. "Yeah, got it. But out of curiosity, who's this other person?"

"Curiosity killed the cat you know..." I smiled to myself, if only Chat were here for that line, "But I'll spare you. A... certain cat..." 

Before he could respond to my unusual reply, I turned and went to find Alya.

Adrien POV

I watched her walk away as a huge grin spread across my face. My lady was so purrfect. I don't know how she just handles things like that... and she's going to give me a shot!!! Well, Chat. And Adrien... 

Anyway.

OMGOSH. I thought. My ladybug just punned me with a cat pun. A CAT PUN. 

I screamed internally as I walked to lunch.