Chapter Twelve

I know it's been a while, and I am so sorry! Hope you like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Twelve:

Riker’s Point of View:

         “Living room is done.” Rocky said as he sat at the kitchen table.

         “Front yard is done.” Ryland and Ross slid in to their chairs.

         “Backyard is done.” Dad came walking into the house, Ratliff trailing after him.

         “Dinner is in the oven and is almost done.” Rydel said as she closed the oven.

         I sat at the kitchen table next to my family. “Okay, perfect. Liz and Lex are going to be here in half an hour.”

         Rocky glanced at me with hard eyes. “Dude, we know! You have been telling us since we woke up.”

         I looked down. “I know,” With a sigh, I looked back to my family. “I just want tonight to be perfect. Liz is really hesitant about tonight. She’s worried about Lex.”

         Mom rested her hand over mine. “Riker, sweetie, we promise to do everything we can to make tonight go as smooth as possible.”  Then she got off the chair, went to grab a stack of plates and handed them to me. With a cheeky smile on her face, Mom patted my back. “Now, you get to set up the patio table…”

                                                  ~~~

         It was half an hour exactly when the doorbell rang. Everybody in the house suddenly got silent and looked over to me.

         “Well, are you just going to let them stand outside?” Mom asked, pushing me towards the door. I took a deep breath and walked to the front.

         When I swung the door open, I saw Liz and Lex standing there, with smiles on their faces. I wrapped my arms around Liz, pressing my lips to her forehead. “Hi.”

         She looked up to me with her big blue eyes. “Hi.”

         “I’m down here!” Lex shouted sarcastically. I let out a chuckle and detangled myself from Liz’s arms. I got down to Lex’s level.

         “Hey Little Man.” I swiped him up in my arms. “You want to come in?”

         He nodded his head eagerly. “Look what I brought to play with?” Lex pulled out my old football with a proud smile on his face.

         “Awesome, I know my brothers will defiantly want to play some football with you little man.”  With Lex in my arms, I slipped my fingers through Liz’s. “You guys ready to meet my family?”