Chapter Four

Finally an update! I know it's been forever since i last update, but please bare with me. my laptop crapped out on me, and i have to fhandwrite like a tortured writer. Haha, just seriously, i am working on it guys! Thanks for understanding :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been almost a week since Liz and I exchanged numbers, and we have been talking nonstop since. A smile fell on my face as I looked down to my ringing cell.

“Ah, it must be Liz,” Rydel teased as she walked into the living room and sat down next to me. I didn't even respond to her, I was too busy responding to Liz. “You must really like her.” My sister's voice was soft as she rested her head on my shoulder.

“I really do.” I whispered, looking down to hid my blushing cheeks. She pushed me to talk about Liz. “She's perfect.”

“What's she like? What makes this Liz Dawson so perfect?” I might as well tell her, she won't stop until I spill my guts to her.

I thought about the single week I have know Liz and everything she's told me. “She's a dancer. Pop dance is her favorite, but she can do about everything. She has great music taste. And she's super funny.” I gushed a few things about her. I couldn't keep the dorky smile off of my face.

“Then why haven't you asked her out yet?” Rydel hit my arm.

“First of all, Ow!” I help the place she hit me. Just because she's a girl doesn't mean she can't hit. “Second of all, I don't want to ask her out over a text, I want to ask her out in person.”

I know it was lame, but I don't think it's cool to ask a girl out over a text, especially Liz, she's defiantly worth more than a text.

“Well, you'll have your chance soon,” Rocky said smoothly as he walked into the room with his face attached to his cell. Rydel and I looked at him with confusion. When my little brother finally looked up, he let out a chuckle. “What? Did you guys forget about the awards this weekend? The one Radio Disney is hosting?”

A sly smile grew on Rocky's face as he looked into my eyes. “The one Liz is hosting.”

~~~

“Are we ready to go?” I called out that Saturday afternoon as we ran around the house getting ready for the music awards Radio Disney was hosting.

“Hold on, will you?” Rydel came in fixing her earrings. “Liz will still be there in half an hour.” I looked down to my sister's outfit; a light pink high low dress matched with silver high heels.

We had the light pink going on. I was wearing a light pink shirt with a black leather jacket, paired with white jeans. Rocky came in with a pink shirt and his famous vest, and the ever present phone pressed to his ear. “How was the show in New Mexico? Did you see your family? Tell Grandma Rosie I said hi.”

Ah, no shock, he was talking to Sunny. I tapped my finger to my wrist, only making him laugh. “No, not you babe,” Rocky explained. “Riker is trying to get everybody out of the house so he can go see Liz.”

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the stairs. “Ross, Ratliff, we need to leave!”

Ross was the first to come down. He was wearing his infamous leather jacket with a pink tie and some black jeans. Then Ratliff came down wearing a pink shirt and some jeans. Finally we can leave!

“Can we stop and get food?” Ratliff asked as we all got into my car.

“I wouldn't if I were you,” Ross suggested with a laughing undertone. “He has been bugging all day to get there.”