Chapter Nine

Liz’s Point of View:

         When Riker and I pulled into the parking lot, I immediately spotted Lena and Quinn leaning up against his car. I felt a ping of jealousy when I saw the way they looked at each other. Nobody could deny the fact that they are totally and completely in love. The way Quinn rested his hand on her cheek, the way she looked up to him, leaning closer to him.

         Riker rested his hand over mine and gave me a small smile. With a smile slipping on to my face, I pulled into the parking space next to Lena and Quinn. I gave Riker a devilish smile. “You ready to do this?”

         “Now or never.” He gave me a smile and planted a kiss on my cheek.

         Suddenly we jumped apart when there was a loud pounding on the side of my car. I looked over to see Quinn looking into my car with a grin on his face, and Lena latching onto his arm with a giant smile on her face.

         “It’s now.” I joked, pushing the door open. Riker followed my lead and hopped out of the car.

         “Hey guys,” I walked up to my best friends, giving them hugs. I walked back to my boyfriend. “Guys this is Riker Lynch. Riker, this is Lena and Quinn.”

         Riker and Quinn did the manly thing with the handshake. But Lena wasn’t so civil, instead of shaking his hand; she went straight for a hug. “Oh, Riker, it’s so nice to finally meet you!”

          Quinn gave me the look. I sighed. “Lena, you need to get off of my boyfriend.” I had to peel her off of him.

         “Aw, you said boyfriend!” Lena gooed. I just rolled my eyes. 

         “Okay, before Lena starts to pinch Riker’s cheeks, we should probably get inside.” Quinn joked. We started to make our way into the crowded nightclub.

         “Man, Liz, do you remember when Joe would get us in here before we turned 21?” Quinn questioned as we walked into the front of the club. I shook Lena a death glare, and in response she elbowed her boyfriend in the gut.

         I glance up to Riker, his eyes were hard to read, but I knew I was already mad at Quinn for bring up Joe. All was forgotten when the bouncer checked our ids and let us through.

Soon, Riker and I were smooched as we tried to make our way through the place. The people were loud and the music was louder. But this, this is where I could finally let loose a bit.

          I looked up to Riker and found him smiling. He leaned over and pressed his lips to my ear. “Shall we dance?”

         I slipped my hand into his and dragged him to the dance floor. Lena and Quinn were soon to follow.

         With the latest single booming over the speakers, Riker and I danced together like we have known each other forever. I looked into Riker’s big brown eyes; they lit up with a certain fire I knew I’d only fine when he was dancing.

         It would have been nice to have enjoyed a dance with my boyfriend, but no, Lena had other plans. After she got bored dancing, she pulled Quinn over to where I was dancing with Riker. She cut in to our dance. “Hey, Lena. What’s going on?”

         “Bathrooms.” She called over the music. I nodded my head.

         “We can get drinks while you ladies do you lady things.” Quinn spoke just over the sound of the music.

         Lena and I had manage to get about ten feet before Riker was calling out my name. “Liz, what do you want?”

         Lena chuckled to herself. I gave her a gentle hit before turning back to him. “Diet!”