Chapter Six

I am SOOO sorry how longs it's been since i have updated! But no more excuses, i am trying my hardest to update, just keep harassing me until i update. haha :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riker's Point of View:

It's been almost two weeks since Liz and I had our non-date at the pier, and it's been the best two weeks ever! Seriously, we have been talking and hanging out all the time! Like tonight, Liz and I went out to dinner at Friday's and then went to go see We Are the Millers.

When I pulled into my driveway, I pulled my phone out to see if she's texted yet, but was sadden to only see my background; Liz with a giant smile on her face, Superman ice cream on her nose.

I walked into the house to find all the lights out, well most of them. There were some lights coming from the kitchen.

“Rocky, learn to turn off the lights!” I muttered under my breath, moving over to the back of the house to turn off the lights my brother is notorious for always leaving on. I stopped short when I heard soft voices coming from the room.

“Mark, you need to talk to Ross.” Mom was red hot. I peered around the corner to see my parents in the kitchen. Mom was pacing, which is bad cause she only does that when she's mad. And Dad was sitting at the table with a cup of coffee placed in front of him.

“I don't care how mad you are that he proposed to Roxy. It's been two weeks since you two have talked!”

Ouch, I knew things between Dad and Ross were bad, but I didn't think they were that bad. Two weeks is a long time, especially for a band...

“He knows how I feel about the idea about him getting married.” Dad was pouting like a little kid. I rolled my eyes. Seriously, grow up.

“Mark, you know I love you, but right now I am so mad at you. You are acting like a child, do you realize this?” Dad didn't say anything. Smart man. Mom sat down next to him laying her hands over his. “You're going to talk to Ross, or tonight you're sleeping on the couch.”

And like the strong women she is, Mom got up and left Dad sitting there with his mouth open. I just chuckled to myself and started to walk up to my room.

Just as I was passing Ross and Ryland's room, I heard a voice talking. Out of curiosity, I opened the door to find Ross on his bed with the phone attached to his ear, he had no idea I'm there.

“I don't know what to do any more, Rox.” For the first time in a long time, I saw my little brother with tears in his eyes. “I've been trying to reach out to him, but my Dad won't even talk to me.”

I couldn't hear what Ross' fiancée was saying. “Babe, it's not that easy. All four of your parents are okay with the wedding, my father won't even accept the fact I proposed.” Ross ran his free hand through his blond hair with a heavy sigh. “I just don't know what to do. I need you back home.”

Roxy said something; I assume it had something to do with when she was getting home. Ross fell back onto his bed. “Roxy, that's still a month away!”

I knocked on his door, thinking it's time to let him know I was in his room. Immediately Ross looked over to me. “Hey, babe, Riker's home from his date. Call me when you get off stage. Okay? Bye, love you.”

I made my way over to Ryland's bed. “Why didn't you tell me how bad things were with Dad?”

Ross sighed and shrugged his shoulders. “I don't know. I guess I just didn't want to bother you with it.”