Chapter Three

Liz's Point of View:

“But mommy!” Lex complained as we stood on the porch. “Saturdays are my days!”

I looked down at his big blue eyes a frown on my face. “I know, sweetie, I know.” I squadded down. “How about when I come home, we have a movie night with popcorn and ice cream?”

Lex lit up. “A double feature?!”

I nodded my head. “Why not! A double feature!”

The door opened to reveal my best friend, Lena, standing and her black lab at her side. “Hey guys. You ready to hang out, Lex?”

My little brother nodded his head eagerly, quickly forgetting I was about to leave him.

“Why don't you take Daisy in the backyard, I'll be there in a minute.” Lena suggested. In a flash, Lex was running through the house, the giant dog chasing after him.

“Hot date?” She joked as she looked over my outfit: black skinny jeans matched with a gray sweater finished off with converse.

I chuckled. “Oh, yeah. Totally, with my job.” She raised an eyebrow with confusion. “One of the radio girls called out sick and we have some band coming in today so we need a radio host.”

She nodded her head, then her brown eyes narrowed in on me. “So, when are you gonna start dating again?” My best friend challenged.

“I'm fine with it just being Lex and me.” I bit my bottom lip and looked down.

She rested her hand on my shoulders, looking at me with sad eyes. “Liz, you can't let what happened with Joe stop you from dating again.”

Ah, had to bring up the infamous ex boyfriend. I ran my fingers through my hair with frustration. “Can we please not talk about him?”

Knowing she hit a nerve, Lena lightened up on the questioning. But that didn't stop her from calling after me as I headed to my car. “Just think about it, okay?”

~~~

“I'm here!” I came running into the building. My long brown hair in a messy ponytail. “I'm not late!”

Tara came walking up to me with a amused smile on her face. “Yeah, for once you're on time.” She joked. I rolled my eyes and took my coffee from her hands. “Troy's waiting for you in the booth.”

I made a run for it, trying not to hit any interns as I went. When I got to the booth, I was greeted by one of my oldest friends Troy Rayne, a six foot brunette giant.

“Ah! Troy!” I ran up to him, giving him the biggest hugs. “I've missed you.”

He wrapped his arms around me. “Long time no see, Shorty.”

I squirmed out of his hold, making sure to him. “Just because I only five foot two, doesn't make me short.”

Troy held his hand to his ear. “Sorry, Shorty, couldn't hear you from all the way down there!”

I rolled my eyes, taking my seat next to Troy's chair. “Whatever.” I stuck out my tongue like a five year old. “Now I remember why we don't hang out any more.”

“Fine, fine. I'm sorry for hurting your feelings.” He sat down next to me, chuckling. “Now will you hang out with me again?”

I nodded my head like a little kid. “Great!” He cheered. “Tonight Belinda, Bret, you, and me are gonna go out for drinks.”

I sighed. “How much did he give you to ask me?”

I looked over to my co host who was looking down sheepishly. “He promised the first round of shots.”