6: You don't even know it, I want you to know it

Haaai!

I updated!

PLEASE, I beg of you, read the A/N at the end of this chappie  

NOTE: Some parts were deleted since it was too long and I didn't want to bore you.

This chapter's dedicated to LivBlue for being my 300th fan! 

Enjoy!

x

*****************************************************************************

“I still can’t believe why he has to stay in my room, why not yours?” I said, glaring at Luke.

“Are you still on about this?”

I nodded.

“Kels, two guys in one room sounds kind of weird, don’t you think? People will also think I’m gay” he scoffed, “I would definitely not want that to happen”.

“But what about me?”

“You can handle it, you’re sixteen now. Anyways, I need to go. Don’t forget to distract mom for tonight’s party” Luke said before turning around and catching up with Miranda.

I walked in Spanish class, and as usual, no one was still around. I took my seat and grumbled under my breath.

“What’s wrong?” I lifted up my gaze and saw Brett. The only normal person left, I thought.

“Everything” I mumbled. Brett choked, and I gave him a skeptical look.

“You? Kelsey Carson? Having “major” problems? Well, that’s a first” he shook his head in hysterics and took his seat.

I punched his arm and his expression turned into a frown. Then, it softened.

“Seriously, Kels, what’s wrong?”

I took a deep breath and relayed to him everything. Including the party, Nate living with us, Nate being an asshole, Nate not respecting personal space and generally, Nate Walsh.

“You’re kidding me, right?” I shook my head

“How can your mom allow a guy she doesn’t really know sleep in your room?”

“My mom doesn’t really care about us anymore. Ever since dad left, she’s been absent. The person I can’t believe here is Luke! My own freaking brother!”

“Who used to be very protective of you” Brett added. I placed my head on his shoulder and sighed. He stiffened at first, but soon relaxed.

“Why don’t you sleep over my house tonight, after Luke’s party?” Brett whispered as Mr. Santiago entered the classroom, carrying a his cup of caffeine and City of Bones, in Spanish version, book.

I lifted up my head and said, “Sure, I’d love to. But why?”

“I can already imagine how Nate’ll act when he gets his first sip of alcohol” Brett mumbled while taking out his notebook. I did the same and immediately got lost from Mr. Santiago’s and into my own thoughts.

Does Luke even care about me?

Of course he does! The other voice in my head said.

Just not like before though.

By “just not like before”, you mean before Nate came into the picture? The second voice added.

Shut up.

Is this even normal? Talking to myself in my head?

I shook my head and sighed. If Luke’s not going to be protective of me anymore, then maybe it’s time to make my own decisions for myself.