8: They ain't even in the game

Chapter 8

I’m pissed, actually, beyond pissed.

Mom’s been back since yesterday. And the fact that Dad and Isabelle are staying here for a couple of days is like nothing to her.

When she sees the dickhead and making out with his whore queen, she just passes by and acts like she didn’t see anything. Is she on drugs of something?

This is our house, for christ’s sake!

But Luke. Yeah, he’s the total contrast. What he did yesterday though was the best of all.

Dad took me, Luke, mom and Isabelle to a Teppan Yaki restaurant.

Halfway through dinner Luke seemed to be annoyed by Isabelle’s constant blabbering about colors, and stood up. He asked Bob if he could try. But I already knew what he had in mind.

He tried doing tricks with pieces of shrimp and tried hitting Isabelle with all of them. Soon, he scooped the oil with the thingy and made all the oil land on Isabelle. And since Luke was such a gentleman, he cooled her off by spilling grape juice on Isabelle and her white Versace cocktail dress.

“You know what? Violet’s really your color. You should choose that for your funeral, I mean, wedding” Luke said when he took his seat. I just tried hiding my muffled giggles, but mom was already giving me an icy glare.

“That’s it, we’re going home” dad huffed, getting up.

“Oh, no honey, I’m okay let’s not ruin the night, I’m sure they’re just shy” Isabelle gushed, even mom rolled her eyes.

“No” Luke and I said in unison.

“Annoying brats” Isabelle muttered under her breath. This was mom’s cue to get up, “What did you just say?”

“Susan (sorry if I forgot her name or st)” dad warned.

“No, John, did you hear what she just said?” “Yes, I did”

“and you just allow this bitch to call our children names? Since when did you go this low, John?”

“Why the fuck do you care?” Mom was stunned. “You’re unbelievable”

 “Mom” Luke said, reaching for mom’s hand. “I need to go, enjoy your night” she said, walking out. “Gee, John, you happy now? Are you now satisfied?” Luke said before running off after mom.

“Kelsey, it wasn’t supposed to go like this” Dad said, reaching for my hand. “I don’t know dad” I got up and also followed after them.

After the post-fiasco breakdown, mom was finally able to go to sleep. Thanks to two pills of sleeping pills.

“I’m going to crash” Luke announced before heading to his room. So here I was, left alone in the hallway, facing nothing else but darkness and silence. Then, it hit me.

“Damn you dry mouth” I muttered under my breath. As I tiptoed to the kitchen, I felt someone’s gaze burning through my head. I shook my head, me and my imaginations. I gulped down one glass of water and added more.

“Slow down, tiger” I whirled around and saw the moonlight illuminating through Nate’s face. I almost reached out to feel his face against my palm but my senses came over me. Thank god.

That’s also when I noticed the huge duffel bag he was carrying.

“Everything’s alright now, which means I’m now welcome in my own home” he said, as if reading my mind. Though there was a different expression on his face. Like something was wrong.

“Tell Susan and Luke, thanks” he added with a peck on my cheek.

 Then he was gone.

On my bed that night, I had two things in my mind. First was mom and dad’s relationship. Second was Nate. Nope, no fantasy of me rubbing oil all over his toned chest. Well, not until now. Seriously though, was the kid nocturnal or something? 

___________________________________________________

i apologize for the months-long-no-update. anyways, i'm changing the story's plot so yay/nay