9

Onika
"Where are we going?" I asked Beyoncé.

"To an island called Turks and Caicos."

"I know that but I meant when we land."

"To a hotel."

"Why?"

"Because that's where you stay when you don't have a house in a certain country."

"I'm hungry," I whined.

"Then go eat something."

"You don't have to be mean about it."

"Seriously?! I'm trying to get plane tickets, a condo and car ready in less than an hour, so I'm sorry if I'm being a little hostile right now." I started to pout as tears formed in my eyes.

"Jesus Christ Onika, I'm sorry come here," she said opening her arms. I walked into them and laid my head on her chest.

"Don't yell at me," I cried even harder.

"Stop crying baby. You know I hate to see you crying." I nodded my head and wiped my eyes. She picked me up and I instantly wrapped my legs around her waist. She pecked my lips a few times then put me down.

"I'll pack for you. Just go eat and keep my baby healthy," she said.

|•|
Location: Turks and Caicos.

"This is beautiful baby," I said looking at Beyoncé.

"It's ok."

"Just ok?"

"I see you everyday. This doesn't compare." I smiled and stood on my tippy toes and pecked her cheek.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Of course."

"I've known you for a very long time Onika, and I love you very much. And this might not be long but it's meaningful." She handed me a Louis Vuitton shoe box. I slowly opened the box and instead of shoes there were pictures. And notes from...high school? She really kept them. I used to slip notes in her locker that told her where to meet me or just how I was feeling at the time. I'm surprised she kept them. The top of the box had a note written on it. It said:

If there's ever a doubt in your mind that I love you, look in here.

"I want you to be mine," she said.

"Ok."

"I want to hear you say it."

"I'm yours."

"Oh, and here are the shoes that were in the box." She handed me the black red bottoms and I squealed.

"Can we go to the beach now?"

"Yes." We got dressed and walked to the back of the condo where the beach started.

"I want a girl," I told her resting in hand on my semi flat stomach.

"I want a boy."

"Did I ask?"

"Don't make me push you into that water."

"You would never."

"You wanna bet?"

"No, I'm good."

"Alright then." I wrapped my arms around her neck and she picked me up.

"I'm not heavy?"

"No."

"I love you, Beyoncé."

"I love you too, Onika."

"Like enough to admit we're having a girl?"

"No, because we're having a boy."

A couple days later

Beyoncé and I were at this damn doctors appointment and I honestly don't want to be here. After I went to sign in, I went to sit next to Beyoncé on the sofa thing they had.

"Don't be nervous."

"I'm not nervous," I told her.

"Yes you are and I know this because you can't sit still." I sighed and grabbed her hand, she shook her head and kissed the back of my hand. Within a few mintues we, well I, was called to the back. The nurse asked me a few questions then had us wait until the doctor came. The doctor knocked before coming in.

"Good afternoon, my name is Dr. Flores and I'm going to be your OBGYN for the rest of your pregnancy. After checking your chart I'm prescribing you some prenatal vitamins, other than that every thing so far seems to check out. Today we'll only be doing a ultrasound check up, just to make sure that your child is as healthy as you are."

"Ok."

"I've been given information that this gel is very cold and after careful consideration there still isn't anything we can do about it so please just bare with me." I nodded and waited for her to put the gel on my stomach. It wasn't as cold as she made it sound. She took out a wand looking thing and rolled it around my stomach. I looked at grainy black and white picture on the small screen and I instantly smiled.

"Well Ms. Maraj, it looks like your having twins."

"Very funny but seriously, is my baby healthy?"

"Yes, your babies are healthy. I'll go print out the ultrasound pictures and give you and your lovely wife some time to talk."

"We're not-"

"Thank you, doctor," Beyoncé cut me off. The doctor left the room and I sat up looking over at Bey.

"What am I supposed to do now?"

"Spread them legs and push out two babies, what else did you think we were going to do?"

"I don't know. I wanted to have a natural birth."

"You can still have one it'll just be a little extra this time."

"Kayla is coming to the states next week."

"Is that your friend from middle school?"

"Yes," I nodded.

"I don't like her."

"You barely know her."

"Does it sound like I care?"

"Whatever. I'm ready to go, I'm hungry."

"I swear all you say now is: 'I'm hungry' or 'I'm tired."

"Okay, and? Is there a problem?"

"Who are you talking to like that little girl?"

"Nobody daddy."

"Where is this friend of yours staying?"

"With her mom, I think. She wanted to go out that night but considering that I can't drink we're going to the movies or something."

After the doctor came back with the pictures and my prescription we checked out then went to the car.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Zaxby's." She nodded and started to drive in that direction.

"Baby?"

"Yes?"

"Will you still love me the same when my stomach is so far out that I can't see my feet?"

"Of course."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

____
Any predictions?