Chapter 5- The Hufflepuffs

Chapter 5

The Hufflepuffs

I watched as all the others got to their feet, laughing a little. I know, if it wasn’t for Cedric I’ll probably be on the floor too, but it still looked funny. Once everyone was up I looked at our surroundings. We had arrived on what looked like a deserted stretch of misty moor. In front of us was a pair of tired and grumpy-looking wizards, on of them holding a gold watch, the other a thick roll of parchment and a quill. Both were supposed to be dressed as Muggles, in which they failed miserably.

“Morning Basil,” Mr. Weasley said, as he picked up the boot and handed it to one wizard, who threw it to a large box of, I suppose, used Portkeys.

“Hello there, Arthur,” Basil replied wearily. “Not on duty, eh? It’s all right for some… We’ve been here all night… you’d better get out of the way, we’ve got a big party coming in from the Black Forest at five fifteen. Hang on, I’ll find your campsite… Weasley… Weasley…” he consulted his parchment list. “About a quarter of a mile’s walk over there, first field you come to. Site manager’s called Mr. Roberts. Diggory… second field… ask for Mr. Payne.”

 “Bye Ash.” He said with a sad tone, he then kissed me lightly and went to his dad.

We set off across the deserted moor, unable to make out much through the mist. Apparently, the twins we’re giving me the silent treatment, so I was walking besides Ginny and Hermione, with Cedric still by my side, discussing who we thought would win.

“I’m sure of it.” I said after I assured Ireland would win, but Krum would catch the snitch. “I just have the feeling.”

“That’s unlikely,” Ron commented.

“You’ll see.” I said as I smiled confidently. When this type of things happen, I know I’m right. Last year it happened a lot, now I know when I know.

“What makes you so sure?” Cedric asked confused.

“It’s just… I don’t know. Intuition?” I said as I thought of a way to describe it.

We talked a bit more until in about twenty minutes, a small stone cottage next to a gate swam into view.

“Bye Ced,” I muttered a little sad, I had just seen him, and now this.

“Bye Ash,” Cedric said with a sad smile. “Guess I’ll see you later.”

“Sure,” I answered as he kissed me goodbye and followed his father.

I saw Hermione and Ginny giggling and couldn’t help nut giggle myself as we reached the cottage.

A man was standing in the doorway, looking out at the tents. I knew he was a Muggle, no wizard would be able to dress that normally.

“Morning!” Mr. Weasley said brightly.

“Morning,” the Muggle replied.

“Would you be Mr. Roberts?”

“Aye, I would,” said Mr. Roberts. “And who’re you?”

“Weasley – two tents, booked a couple of days ago?”

“Aye,” Mr. Roberts said as he consulted a list. “You’ve got a space up by the wood there. Just the one night?”

“That’s it,” said Mr. Weasley.

“You’ll be paying now, then?” Mr. Roberts asked.

“Ah – right – certainly –” Mr. Weasley said. He walked to Harry then, probably for help.