Chapter 27 - Magical Hybrids and Their Dangers

"Here's one more book," Hermione said sitting down next to me on the library on Sunday. "I'll have to leave soon, remember we're writing to Percy to know whether he has seen Mr. Crouch or not."

"This has about cero information," I said frustrated closing a huge book.

"They all do," Hermione said confused. "But I was thinking, maybe it's because wizards and fairies don't really interact. Remember we read wizards and fairies were never on good terms, so most books mention that there's different species and general details about them."

"How am I supposed to know what Sirius meant by reading generalized, and kind of obvious, facts about fairies?" I asked tiredly.

"Actually," Hermione said suddenly smiling. "I have an idea!"

"What is it?" I asked sitting up straight.

"Just, go to the common room," she said determined. "I'll catch you later."

"Let me check out these books," I started standing up.

"Don't," she stopped me smiling. "Trust me, we won't need them."

Hours later, Hermione arrived with a huge book in her hands and a worried expression.

"Why so serious?" I asked her as soon as she sat on my bed in the Gryffindor common room. I had come up here to do some homework to distract myself while Hermione arrived.

"We went to visit Winky, in the kitchens," Hermione said sadly. "She's a mess... Anyway, look what I found!"

Hermione showed me the book and my eyes widened. The title was literally "Fairies" and it was dusty and big and seemed pretty useful if you ask me.

"The Restricted Section," she answered proudly.

"How?" I looked at her dumbfounded.

"I asked Hagrid for a slip," she said with a huge smile. "He was so excited he could sign me a permission for a book."

"Hermione," I said dramatically. "You are a goddess! Thank you!"

"I know," she teased laughing. "Now, don't thank me just yet... we now have to read it."

"That we do," I said as I mentally prepared myself for it.

Turned out the book had everything about fairies you could know. Most importantly, it had everything we needed to know.

"So okay," Hermione said tiredly. "I think this is enough."

"Let's take a look," I said eyeing the notes we had gathered while reading. I mostly wrote in bullet points what I considered to be important.

"Okay," Hermione said taking the paper. "Let's see,

"Faries

· Don't particularly like wizards à had a rough time since both considered themselves superior to the other.

· Very few fairies and wizards have seen each other for centuries; they prefer to leave the other alone.

· Unlike muggle thoughts, where fairies are thought of as young, sometimes winged humanoids of small stature, they are actually quite differently: tall, radiant, angelic beings.

· Fairies can take up animal forms, meaning, they can shape shift

· In some folklore fairies have green eyes and often bite.

· Though they can confuse one with their words, fairies cannot lie.

· They hate being told 'thank you', as they see it as a sign of one forgetting the good deed done, and, instead, want something that will guarantee remembrance.