Chapter 13

More nightmares keep coming, but all of them have something in common. Murdering my kids, or Steve. I wake up every night in a cold sweat, and can't go back to sleep. Steve tries to talk to me about it, but I always push him away. I don't need him helping me with everything. But anyways, we're at home. Getting ready for a mission. We are looking over papers to see what we need to be prepared for. I'm sitting on the floor next to the coffee table, with my back against the couch. Steve's in the kitchen fixing us some tea. "These papers doesn't tell us what we're going up against," I huffed. "Well, it's either way it's not like we don't know what we're doing," he said as he put our cups down. He walked over to his old radio and turned it on to a nice slow song. He walked over to me, and grabbed my hand pulling me up. "What are you doing?" I laughed. "You said you were going to help me practice," he smiled innocently. "Yea, but not today," I complained. "Come on, it'll be fun," he chuckled. "Fine," I groaned. But in reality I didn't really mind. He put both of his hands on my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck, with my head on his shoulder. "You said you needed practice," I said as I looked up into his sparkling blue eyes. "Well, I lied" I glared at him. "It was just to get you alone and out of those papers. Also, to do this." He let go of me and I looked at him confused. Then, he got down on one knee, pulled out a black box, and opened it. My eyes went wide. "Natalia Romanov, we have worked together for five years, been friends for four, and been lovers for almost one year now. I never thought that I would be able to get a chance to fall in love with someone because I never thought I would find someone. But you came into my life and gave me hope. Hope that one day you would finally let me into your heart and you did. I never want to let you go. I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me, Natasha?" He gently confessed. I had tears in my eyes and was speechless. "Yes," I gasped. He put the ring on my finger and it was so beautiful. It was a diamond band with the actually diamond. He picked me up and spun me around. "God, I love you," he gloated. I laughed and said, "I love you too." I kissed him deeply but passionately. Then we carried it on to our room.

*************
All the Avengers know about our engagement. The day after he proposed I called Laura, and she told Clint. Steve told Sam, who told Wanda, and it just kept going. They're all happy for us. Right now, all of the Avengers, excluding Clint because he's retired, are on a mission. We are at a hydra base trying to find out more information about how to find the rest of the infinity stones. Ever since Thor told us about them, and how powerful they are we've been trying to find them, before it lands in the wrong hands. I'm in one of the labs getting information from a computer right now. Everyone else is outside trying to be a distraction. I got all the information and set some time bombs around the place. "Guess I got it. Let's go this place is about to blow." I informed them. "About time Romanoff, I was starting to think you got scared and ran," Tony teased. "When have you ever known me to get scared Stark," I smirked even though he couldn't see it. "Good point," he replied. I ran out of the build and saw Steve. He was fighting four guys. I looked and one of the guards was behind a bush aiming a gun at him. I looked back over at Steve and he wasn't looking and without his shield. I ran. "Steve!" I yelled but he couldn't hear me surprisingly. As soon as the guard shot I was already in front of Steve. I felt pain in my chest and my stomach. I looked down and I was bleeding. I was falling but Steve caught me. Thor hit the guard with his hammer. "Natasha!" Steve yelled. It got harder and harder to breathe. I don't even think I can speak. Steve put his hands on my wounds, to keep me from bleeding out. "Stay with me, Nat," he begged. I was trying so hard to stay awake but my eyes was fighting harder. He picked me up bridal style and ran me over to the quinjet. We made it to the quinjet and he set me down on the aid bed. I look over and Tony got out of his suit and ran over to me. "FRIDAY, tell me what's going on," he said quickly. We started flying, and I heard the building blow up. "Ms. Romanoff has two bullet wounds, they haven't hit anything major. But if we don't get her to the tower soon she may bleed out." FRIDAY informed us. Tony got some towels and wrapped them around my wounds. "Okay Romanoff, I'm going to need you to stay awake for me can you do that?" He asked and I nodded. Steve got right beside me and held my hand. "I'm so sorry Natasha, I should've been looking." He apologized. I shook my head. It's not his fault. My eyes started fighting back harder and I couldn't help it I started to close my eyes. "No Natasha! Stay with me! You said you'd marry me! You have to stay awake! I need you!" He cried. My eyes wouldn't let me. I tried to keep them open but they were really putting up a fight. I couldn't help but to close them.

So if you haven't already go read my other story, Changed Life. Hope you liked this chapter!