Chapter 2

As soon as he laid me down on my bed I realized what was happening, and I had to stop it. "Steve" I said hoping he would look up, but he kept kissing my neck. "Steve, stop." As soon as I said it he looked at me. "What? What's wrong?" He said with a look of guilt. "We can't do this," I replied with regret because I really wanted this. I'm just not right for him. "What? But I thought-" "You thought nothing. We can't do this we're just friends." He looked at me with sorrow and it broke my heart. "But I love-" "Don't. You don't even know me that well to say that." "But I thought you felt the same after you came to Peggy's funeral, so I wouldn't be alone." I can't handle this, I'm breaking inside. "Well, you thought wrong. That was just a friend comforting a friend. You should leave." Then he walked out of the door with his head down. I could've sworn I seen tears. I heard the door shut, and I broke down. I went to my bed, laid down, and sobbed. I want him to be mine, I really do. He's just too good. How could I ever deserve him? He's America's golden boy, and I'm the deadly Black Widow. I just don't want to hurt him,well, more than I already have. It's just not right for him to have to put up with me, my nightmares, my past, or the fact that I can't have kids. I can't make him go through that. I know he wants kids, with a big house, and a white picket fence. Sadly, I can't give him that, I'm sterile. To make sure that this doesn't happen again I'm going to have stay as far away from him as possible, avoid him at all costs, and make sure to tell him that we are just friends and no more. Even though I want to be more than just friends. What am I doing? I gotta get him back. I jumped off my bed and opened the door. I ran to my car, but then I saw him. He was sitting on his motorcycle with his head down. What have I done? "Steve?"he looked up at me and I saw that he been crying. "Don't worry I was just leaving," he replied with regret. "No, please don't. I was actually about to go look for you. I wanted to apologize." I feel so bad. "You don't need to. You were right we are just friends." "Steve-" "No you made me realize that I need to stop going after people that I can't have." I wanted to cry and I almost did. He was about to say something else, but I shut him up with a kiss. I ended it and looked at him. "Would you just shut up and listen to me," I said with a smile. "I love you too. I just can't give you what you want. That's why I said that." He glanced at me with confusion in his eyes. "What do you mean you can't give me what I want?" I hesitated. What if he doesn't want me anymore after I tell him this? " I can't have kids Steve. I know you want them too. And on top of that my past haunts me everyday. I don't want you to have to deal with that. To deal with someone that's broken." A tear rolled down my face and he wiped it away. "Natasha. I don't care if you can't have kids. Yea, sure I wanted them. But after all I been through I don't think I want them anymore. Especially, because of the lives we lead. And your past, I will be more than happy to be there for you every time it does haunt you. Yes, you may be broken, but I want to be there to pick up the pieces." I couldn't take it. More tears were falling down my face. "I love you so much Natasha," " I love you too Steve." I kissed him again with some much more passion this time. He broke it, and our foreheads were pressed together. "Can you stay with me tonight?" I asked smiling. "Of course," and we walked back to my apartment grinning from ear to ear. We walked in, and went to my bedroom. I went to my bathroom to put on some pajamas which consisted of an oversized t-shirt and my underwear. I walked out and saw Steve in nothing but his underwear. "Sorry, I didn't have anything else to sleep in." It's going to be so hard to not do anything in bed. "It's fine." We both got under the covers, and I laid my head on his chest. I fell asleep from listening to his heart beat.