end of the trail| 10

"You are going to pay for this Vertes." Brynn emphasised. She then noticed a video camera with a flashing red light. They were recording this whole thing? Brynn saw a convenient gateway into ending Kendall's reign. Kendall stayed silent while Brynn prepared her short speech. "Kendall, you are to leave the state, move away. You are going to never bother me or any of my friends again," she turned to the footballers, "As for all of you fuckers, if you ever bother any of us again I will have you all thrown in jail." Brynn cleared her throat, "got it?"

"What makes you think that I will listen to the likes of Brynn Rumfallo?" Kendall nervously laughed, the fear in her voice evident.

"Because if you don't," Brynn snatched the camera away from one of the jocks, "I will send this footage straight to the police."

Kendall gulped, she knew this was the end for her. "Fine." Kendall quickly exited the room shoving Brynn to the side. Although she had just been shoved she couldn't help but smile at the thought of scaring Kendall out of town.

Mackenzie noticed the footballers still present in the room, "What the fuck are you still doing in here? Leave," idiots.

"We better go check on Kalani." Brynn spoke quietly, Mackenzie nodding as they began to exit the party.

-

"You can sleep in my bed or we have a spare room if yo-"

"I don't think i can be alone tonight Maddie..." Kalani cut maddie off, she was still having flashbacks from the events that played out earlier.

"That's perfectly understandable Lani." Maddie smiled. Suddenly Maddie's cell phone began to ring. "It's Kenz, I'll be just a minute alright?"

"Yeah of course." She agreed as Maddie strolled out of the room.

"Kenz are you okay? I'm so sorry I left you there I just had to help Kalani."

"It's okay Maddie I'm fine. Kendall's leaving town, we got the camera with the footage as well."

"What? They recorded it? That's sick."

"Yeah I know Mads, but at least now she will be gone for good right?"

"Yeah, I guess. Are you on your way home?"

"Yeah, actually Brynn is coming over as well, to check on Kalani."

"Uh, I don't think that's such a good idea Kenz.."

"What, why not?"

"Considering Kalani was only ever in this mess because of Brynn I think she's the last person Lani would want to see."

"Yeah you're probably right.. and what's this 'Lani' business eh?"

Maddie could hear the playful suspicion in Mackenzie's tone. "Oh sh would you," Maddie chuckled. "Be home soon."

Maddie re-entered the room to find Kalani was already asleep. She smiled slightly and turned off the lights. Maddie found her way to the bed before lying down next to Kalani.

"We're going to be okay now Kalani. This is the end of our horrible story and the beginning of a new one - a better one."

-
and so it ends.
i hope you enjoyed.
lots of love,
- mj