Chapter 17

Bubba was the first to wake, after dropping about a foot from the top of Marshall to the bed. He grunted a bit and smiled, then slowly reached up and pulled the levitating vampire into his open and loving arms. Peacefully, he fell asleep again after he let Marshall go to resume his sleep. He had woken up though, and lowered down to rest on the bed. He curled into Bubba, still in his pink sweat shirt and purple pants. Bubba did the same, embracing Marshall in his peaceful sleep. Finally, they were both stress free. The vampire eventually drifted away again, feeling the exhausting after effects of cheating death. Hours passed peacefully, the thick drapes blocking the sun and any sense of time passing.

At about one, there were several bangs on Gumball's door so loud that Marshall jumped in fear as he woke. He transformed into a defensive angry beast, moving in front of Bubba in an attempt to protect him from the mysterious threat. Bubba himself woke with a squeal and hid behind Marshall. "Who- who is it?" Gumball called out, voice shaken.

"IT IS FIONNA AND I EXPECT ANSWERS RIGHT THIS SECOND!" She screamed, pounding on the door again. Marshall turned back into his typical human form and looked at Gumball with sad eyes.

"I think the jig is up bud. She seems to have connected the dots. Or someone threw us under the bus..." He spoke as Gumball stood and walked to the door. The pounding continued.

"Just stay back and don't let her see you yet. I have a hell of a lot of explaining to do." He took a deep breath and opened the door. Fionna stared at him harshly. "Listen Fionna, I can explain everything. I-"

"I don't wanna hear the whole entire stupid butt story alright? I don't. I want you to tell me in five sentences or less what is happening. Are we going to try to be married again or not?"

"No Fionna, I do not want you to waste any more time or effort on me than you already have. I am in love with someone else and was too afraid to say it before. I let things go way too far. I love you, but not in the way you want me to. For that, I am incredibly sorry."

"I don't care! I didn't want to marry you anyways! I was so nervous and almost bolted out like ten times! Cake stopped the wedding because she knew I was scared. I don't want a husband yet, I'm only 13! I was excited when you first proposed, but it slowly dawned on me and I freaked out. I don't really care that you don't love me! I want to know why you asked me in the first place if there was someone else!" She went off on a tangent, infuriated. Cake peeped behind her, blushing, clearly guilty. Gumball blushed and bit his lip, words stuck in his throat. Fionna squinted. "Tell me or I swear I'll-"

"You'll what?" Marshall Lee chimed in soothingly, appearing behind her and resting a hand on her shoulder. She jumped, then sighed, not even looking at him.

"What the bleep blop are you doing here Marshall Lee? This isn't your business."

"Well, actually dear one, it is my business. Sweetie, I am the forbidden lover of your pink friend." Bubba gave Marshall a look, and he chuckled, instantly a different person. A suave, sexy, and intimidating man... so unlike the one who had been a cuddler the night before. "Your friend and I are in love, you see. We have been for a few weeks, ever since the night of his birthday party. Gumball proposed to you because he isn't perfect, even though he thinks he is." Bubba rolled his eyes.

"Marshall I never said-" Bubba began with an attitude, but was quickly cut off by the vampire.

"He put his people and kingdom before his true happiness, and as you can see, that didn't go well. I killed myself and you got upset and he made himself miserable and everyone's lives were flipped upside down with misery because of his stupid decision. No one is perfect though. He was only doing the best he could. It was the wrong decision and it certainly blew up in his face but trust me Fi, his intentions were good." Marshall came beside the prince and wrapped his arm around him. Fionna blushed majorly and studied the pair of them. Gumball blushed and looked down, knowing they were being judged. Marshall kissed his cheek as a cherry on top of the explanation, proving the point. She covered her eyes, so intensely confused. She didn't even know that man on man relationships even existed.