Chapter 3

Marshall Lee Abadeer woke the next morning at about eleven. He made sure the room was still dim when he sat up, then stretched out of the covers. He looked around and blushed horribly deeply as he realized where he was. He covered his faced, then rubbed his temples, upset and confused. Had he really kissed the pink prince? Had he seriously kissed the man made of bubble gum? Marshall knew he did, and remembered just how good it felt, but was fearful of what it all meant. He looked over and noticed that Bubba had already woken, and figured that he was somewhere in the castle. His eyes scanned the remainder of the room and fell upon a golden dining tray with a bunch of apples, strawberries, and cherries.

It melted his heart all over again. Bubba was an incredibly kind person. He made sure that Marshall was well fed and feeling strong and healthy. Now that he thought about it, Bubba always had. He'd given him food many times in the winter when it was scarce. Most of the time he ate apples from Tree Trunks' orchard, but they were only there in summer and fall. He thought back on how after a scare Gumball would always offer Marshall food, no matter how frightened and pale he was after. Marshall smiled softly as the thought of the prince's kind actions warmed his heart.

Marshall levitated to the tray and began to feast on the berries and apples. It had been a few days since he'd eaten anything. He drained each fruit of its special red hue, experiencing the flavors and filling up fast. As he finished his last cherry, he moved back to the bed and lied back down, then resumed his sleep. After an hour or so, Bubba slipped in and closed the door behind him. He looked to the tray and found it the mess Marshall had left it, and simply chuckled. He noticed the raised bump under the covers and smiled, assuming Marshall was fast asleep, levitating.

Gumball approached with a big smile, and gently moved away the layers of covers over his head. He grinned as he revealed the youthful looking relaxed face of Marshall Lee, and kneeled down to simply study him and all his beauty. After a few minutes Bubba kissed Marshall on his lips, just a peck, eyes closed softly. Marshall woke at this, his lips being especially sensitive. He could easily sense a heartbeat and locate veins with them to find the perfect place to bite a victim's neck. It'd been so long since Marshall bit someone or something that he couldn't even recall. His lips were still incredibly sensitive, and even Bubba's gentle touch woke him.

Marshall opened his eyes and looked to see Bubba tenderly practicing his kiss on his lips, brow dipped down in an intense way as he focused, trying to kiss well. Bubba allowed his lips to slowly and rhythmically move and caress Marshall's bottom lip. He looked so cute, trying so hard to do the very best he could. Bubba was in a casual pink tee with purple pants and dress shoes. His hands were folded in his lap as he cutely made near silent sounds in his throat, but alas, Marshall could hear those too. After a while Bubba sat back and studied the vampire's face, smiling, content. For once he was happy in his private life.

Slowly, Marshall moved towards Gumball, arms open. He wrapped them around the boy's neck, causing him to gasp lightly, a little startled. He quickly warmed up though, and hugged him tight around the torso. He smiled blissfully and closed his eyes, soaking up the attention that Marshall so willingly gave him. Bubba wasn't sure if Marshall had woken during his kisses, but didn't honestly care. As long as he was being hugged, it seemed okay.

"G-good morning sleepy head. How do you feel?"

"Great. I'm finally rested, and stuffed, and I feel good... Not so down in the dumps. I really couldn't thank you enough, Gummy."

"I'm glad I could help. And I am especially glad you feel so happy. I really like you, Marshall."

"Oh? I like you too. You're such a good guy... As much as I hate to admit it."

Bubba smiles and pulls back a bit, only to be forced forward some by Marshall's hands, into his lips. His kiss was not as conservative as before, and was more powerful. He opened his mouth a bit and Bubba just gripped the sheets for his dear life. His face turned red in a blush and he gasped as Marshall held his cheeks and got their kiss just barely damp. He didn't want to scare Bubba away but he wanted to make a point. Marshall Lee eventually wanted more than tiny pecks and hugs. He could wait a bit, but he was attracted to the prince as much as the prince was attracted to him.

After he pulled away Bubba smiled, seemingly dumbstruck for a solid ten seconds. His heart was racing and his eyes glazed with awe. Images were playing in his mind as he relived the kiss once or twice, trying to get it set in his memory. Eventually he allowed his imagination to run wild as Marshall pulled him in to embrace him, shirtless. The vampire chuckled, rubbed the boy's side, and admired him gratefully. He was lucky and wouldn't take him for granted anymore.

"Bubba, I should be going soon."

"Oh- oh!" These words snapped him back to reality. "I will go pack you some food before you go! And maybe a blanket- yes, a blanket. Would that do?"

"Yes, it would. You really don't need to do that, but it would be greatly appreciated-"

"Oh don't worry about it!" Gumball chuckled, all flustered and giddy. "I'll go get the stuff." He rushed off and Marshall laughed softly, dressing back into his clothes. He waited for Gumball to return, and within five minutes Bubba had a huge basket of things. Marshall took it softly and smiled.

"Thank you."

"No need to thank me. I thank you, with all my heart." He grinned, then slowly frowned. A sudden look of worry consumed his expressions. "I'll see you again soon, will I not?"

"Yes, you will. I'll see you again, in a few days?"

"Oh of course, that would be really excellently fantastic! A few days. That would be great." He grinned, blushing. Marshall leaned forward and down a bit to kiss the prince's forehead, and after he pulled away Bubba snuck in a peck. He wouldn't have been satisfied with any less than that.

"See you soon, Bubba."

"Good bye for now, Marshall Lee."

With that, Marshall slipped out the doors, covered in a sweatshirt and holding an umbrella. It was getting cold outside, and the sun was always a nuisance. Marshall, being cold blooded, rushed home, and as soon as he arrived home scooped up his snow white zombie cat Schwabelle and curled up with her under a pile of blankets, including Bubba's pink one. He held her until warm, then let her free and relaxed by himself, going through all the events of last night and the morning. He had many questions, and decided he would ask some buds about Bubba within the few days he had before he would go to see him again.

The days pass, and one night approaching midnight Marshall sneaks into the balcony doors of the Candy Kingdom with his ax bass. He silently levitated into the room, eyes dark and emotionless. He moved to the side of Gumball's bed and stared down at him, frowning, scowling. He held his bass by the neck and clenched his jaw as he slowly lifted it above his head, aligning the blade of the ax with Gumball's neck down below on the bed. He felt tears push forward in his eyes as he brought the ax down towards Bubba with all the strength he had.