7

I tighten her corset until she says it's where she want it. I slip the heavy velvet dress over her head, and go over to the jewelry box. "Do you want the ruby set?" I ask.

"Yes, please." I grab both the necklace and the earrings, placing them on her.

"You look amazing."

"Thanks," she says, blushing.

"If you go downstairs, Katherine will do your makeup."

"Okay. Meet be before I go out?"

"Sure, thing."

Izzy leaves the room, and I walk to my tiny place. There's a wardrobe, a bed, and a door leading off to the bathroom. I open the wardrobe, and pull out the dress I'm supposed to wear today. Even us maids are supposed to get dressed up today.

I put on the short, strapless black velvet dress, and go to the bathroom. Carefully, I line my eyes with Kohl, and put a bit of gold dust around my eyes.

I run downstairs, realizing there's only ten minutes left before Izzy goes out. I sneak past the guards, and see her.

I sprint over to her, seeing as there's only about a minute left. "Izzy! I'm sorry! I lost track of time!"

"Clementine, don't worry about it. We still have enough time to do what I wanted."

"Oh, okay, good. Wait, what do you want to do?"

"This," she says as she plants her lips on mine.

A stifled, "Oh," escapes my mouth. So that's what she wanted to do.

Author's Note

Hello, readers! So, I know this chapter isn't too long, but I had to cut it in half and make two chapters. I'm sorry. So... have a great day! Bye!