8

"We should get back." Tyler presses her hand to his face one last time after breaking off the kiss.

Lisa is disappointed but smiles at Tyler anyway. "Of course, if that is what you want Tyler."

"It's not what I want, but what needs to be done," Tyler lets his emotions show in his voice.

"Miss, would you like your breakfast here or would you like to join the other's in the dining hall?" Leo asks when he knocks on Lisa's door the next morning.

Lisa opens her door and let's Leo enter before resuming her seat at the window. "I don't really feel all that hungry."

"Please Miss, Prince Tyler will be upset if you don't eat." Leo pleads, "I will have a lite breakfast sent to your room. But please, at least try to eat."

Lisa turns from her watching at the window, "Leo, how long had this war gone on?"

"This war has been continuous for more than a decade Miss," Leo answers promptly.

"Leo, why do you keep calling me Miss?" Lisa asks her voice is leaden though.

"Because it wouldn't be right for me to call you just by your name. You outrank me, for me to call you by your name would be saying that I feel myself your equal." Leo replies.

"Is this place not held by meritocracy?" Lisa asks before putting her chin in her hands which were set on her knees as she has them pulled up in front of her.

"Yes, of course. At least to some extent. Some things like the ruling family is hereditary, but even then if the council feels that the ruler is incompetent he or she can be taken out and someone that can rule effectively will be placed. Prince Tyler, has shown himself to fine advantage during this war. Having brought you will guarantee that he will remain as ruler for time to come."

"Leo, just how long do Elves live on average? I mean, there are stories of Elves in fantasy books and fairy tales that talk of them having extraordinarily long lives."

"I don't know how to answer that. I don't know much about the Earth realm. Because of its lack of magic we didn't really go there or learn much about it, so I don't know how to make a comparison." Leo, is more than a little distressed by this question.

"We are very long lived compared to humans." Tyler says standing in her doorway. He'd knocked but no one had heard over their talking. "I myself am in my third century. My parents were both in their eighth when they were killed. On average Elves can last up to two millennia, perhaps longer, but when they get that old they give up and just fade.

"But you, as a magic user will live longer than most humans." Tyler awaits her permission before coming in any further. "Do you have more questions? I'd be more than happy to answer any that you have."

Leo takes the opportunity to slip out of the room, "I'll just go order that breakfast Miss Lisa."

"Do you wish to be alone? I had come to see if you would eat breakfast with me." Tyler is nervous, something he's not use to being.

"I'm not really hungry, but if you would like to eat here with me you're welcome to join me. Leo said that he would bring me or order me something lite." Lisa looks at Tyler with clouded eyes.

"Tell me Tyler, what is my place here? I know that you said that I'm a sorceress, but I don't even know what that means."  Lisa says morosely.

"Are you missing Earth?" Tyler asks going over to Lisa. She scoots over and Tyler sits behind her and pulls her back against him.

"Maybe, but not really. I don't know how to explain it. I wonder if Cal misses me though. I know no one else will. Already I have more friends here than there, if I can count Leo as a friend. Here you have classes and I wasn't brought up that way, I mean there were the rich and then there were the rest of us. Here, you are the rich and powerful, I don't fit that social strata Tyler. You know my history." Tyler holds her to him just letting her know that he's listening to what she's saying.

"I would have missed you Tyler, when you left if I hadn't of come with you. But Cal, he's so busy with his life, mostly girls, that I doubt he's even realized that I've left. Nobody cares there. Here you do, and perhaps Leo. I just don't really belong anywhere."

"You belong here. You have hidden depths of magic, you don't  belong on Earth. I know you were born there and you're human, but it's here that you do belong. Soon the other Elves will be surrounding you as you leave your room and it will be me that you won't have time for. There isn't an elf here that doesn't know what you did. You will have your choice here. 

"I know you've always felt inferior because of your looks," Tyler smiles at her and she looks up at him lifting her head back to see his face, "But you are beautiful, Lisa, your coloring and stature are so different from anyone here that it will just attract even more."

"What you don't have fat people here?" Lisa says more than a little acidly.

"We are more willowy. You, are a voluptuous beauty. Every thing about you screams your individuality and that is attractive. It gets boring having or seeing the same day in and day out. Finding a rose among the lily's is a nice change."

Lisa goes to speak when there is a polite knock at the door. Lisa gets up and opens the door. There is a servant there with a tray of food. She blushes a bright red when she notices the prince there as well. "Prince Tyler, would you like your breakfast brought here as well?" The servant keeps her eyes on the floor so she misses the look Tyler and Lisa share.

"That will be perfect thank you." The servant gives a bob for her curtsy and rushes out of the room.

"The servants are going to talk now. The rumors will start in earnest," Tyler says darkly.

"What rumors Tyler?" Lisa is looking over the breakfast they sent her. "This is  lite breakfast? This is more than I eat when I am hungry."

"The rumors that you and I are more than just friends." Tyler says morosely.

"We are more than just friends Tyler. We're lovers, at least I hope that wasn't a one time thing." Lisa says and chooses some foods to eat and so misses the look Tyler gives her.

"I know how to make you hungry enough to eat all that food." Tyler says coming up behind her he starts kissing her.

Before they can get too far another knock sounds on the door. Tyler in frustration motions for her to answer while he goes to stand in front of the window.

"Just set it next to mine will you? Thank you," Lisa is polite while they unload the tray. She hadn't believed that the lite tray was all that lite until she saw what was sent to Tyler.

"You can't possibly eat all this food?" Lisa says flabbergasted at the amount of food.

Tyler looks over at the food and shakes his head, "No, but I will a good portion of it. What I don't eat the servants will or it will be given to help feed the poor and needy. The food won't go to waste Lisa. There is a great deal of food that goes uneaten from the nobles, but it gets given to those that need it. The rules aren't the same as where you are from."