7

Tyler's honor guard forms up around them as they leave the palace. "You feel safe inside the palace?" Lisa asks.

Tyler's snort gives her an answer, "Only since you cleansed it of traitor's. Before I'd always have at least one guard."

They walk into the city, "I apologize for having to walk. The horses are mostly dead or too injured to ride or use. The unicorns are grateful for the sanctuary and would let us ride them, but they too are healing from the fighting."
"Unicorns?" Lisa smiles dreamily. It's her secret weakness, she loves unicorns and always has, even when she made fun of Tyler's liking of the fantastic.

Tyler smiles at her reaction, "Would you like to meet some of them? They have expressed a desire to meet the one responsible for saving them."

Lisa smiles and laughs, "You can talk to them?"

Tyler shrugs, "Not really, but it's not something I can explain. It's something that you have to experience."

Tyler is careful to makes sure that she doesn't get too tired. He enjoys showing her his people and land. He longs to do more than have her hand on his arm, but he's not going to push things with her. He shouldn't have taken her to bed the night before. Something has changed between them, but he doesn't think it's something good.

He brings her back to the palace for dinner. "Since it's so late and we've done a great deal of excersize I ordered dinner in my room. I ask that you join me." They are at her bedroom door, he caresses her cheek, "I promise there won't be anything more."

The excitement Lisa feels dies as he adds that last bit, someone calls his for his attention. She thinks she hears him say, "No matter how much I want to." And with that she smiles once more and accepts.

"Then come over once you've cleaned up a bit," it had been very ashy walking through the streets. There had been a great many invaders.

It doesn't take long for Lisa to take off her dirty clothes and wash up. She feels bad about how those nice clothes were being ruined though. She doesn't know where she's supposed to take her dirty clothes, they're just never there when she comes back into the room. The first time that had happened it scared her, because she hadn't left her bedroom and hadn't seen anyone enter or leave.

"Miss, are you ready?" Leo inquires as he knocks on her door.

Lisa smiles at him, "Yes, of course. He didn't need to send you to take me to his room though."

"Yes, miss, except his private dining room is a bit tricky to find if you don't know where it is." Leo leads the way through the study and through a hidden door on the way that Lisa hadn't noticed before.

"Oh, this room is beautiful." Lisa says as Leo escorts her to the table where Tyler closes a folder and hands to Leo once Lisa is seated.

Tyler smiles, "I'm glad you like it. My parents preferred eating here to the main dining rooms. I didn't bring the court ladies here although they always hinted that they wanted me to do so."

"Why not Tyler?" Lisa genuinely wants to know.

"Because it shows that he is partial to that woman," Leo explains for Tyler when he just blushes. "This room is used only for the royal family and those they hold closest to them. It is a great honor to be his guest here."

Lisa smiles much brighter with this information.

"Thank you Leo," Lisa says brightly after this explanation for her.

Tyler raises an eyebrow, "Leo?"

"I decided Lionel is too long. Leo is shorter and it is an appropriate name for one that fights like he did." Lisa defends her choice of nickname and Leo blushes red at her words.

"You're right Lisa, it is appropriate, but I think I'll leave it to you. I don't think he'd appreciate me calling him that." Leo closes his eyes in thanks at that reprieve.

After that the food came in and they started talking about other matters and Lionel leaves them to it.

After dinner Tyler leads her back up and shows her another room. This one has glass walls and ceiling. The stars shine bright and Lisa finds it very romantic. "I bet the court girls loved this room."

Tyler holds her to him her back to his front. He runs his finger along her neck making her shiver with desire. "I wouldn't know, I've never shared this room with any of them either."

Lisa leans back against Tyler. "Why are you doing this Tyler? Shouldn't you be courting one of the eligible females."

"I've told you, I've bedded and vetted them all. There isn't an eligible female, well there is one, that I haven't dismissed yet." Tyler says reluctantly he hadn't wanted to put pressure on her.

"Then you should be bringing her here," Lisa says then catches the moan as Tyler starts kissing her neck.

"I did bring her here." Tyler says as he turns her around. "You have no idea just how much I want you right now Lisa."

Actually Lisa has a pretty good idea how much he wants her. She wants him too. "I made a mistake last night. I took you to bed too soon. I don't want to compound that mistake Lisa. I want you to have a say in this relationship. Before, I could never stand any of the bitches, and they were bitches Lisa. But with you, I felt something special from the first. But I was afraid to push to hard and then there was the fact that you are from a different realm. That actually was the biggest problem other than the war.

"When I was injured and thought I'd die all I could think about was how I failed you. You, not my people. I put you in danger and then couldn't even protect you. I was-" Tyler sighs, "I was a failure. Then they started towards you and I lost consciousness, I thought I'd never see you again.

"Waking up with you in my bed and in my arms I realized that that's what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. But I also knew you didn't, so I tried to put distance between us. Again I failed, I've done a lot of apologizing to you Lisa." Tyler gives her a weak smile, "After everything that's happened to you here I wouldn't be surprised if you hated me."

Lisa looks up into his shadow darkened face and shakes her head, "No, not hate. I don't think I could hate you." She reaches up and holds her hand to his cheek. Tyler holds it there and closes his eyes with pleasure. "But definitely not just a friend either. There was something about you when I first saw you," Lisa can't say more she just stands on her tip toes and gives him a kiss.