Rin x Reader - Elevator

*This story is in Rin's prospective!

I walked into the tall building feeling the warmth envelope as I transitioned from the winter air into a hotel. I walked my way to the front desk. "Excuse me, I'm here for dinner party."

"You must be here from the Samezuka Swim Team. Right up to the 11th floor please." She handed me an invitation.

"Thank you." I was on my way to attend Samezuka's swimming team party. The team wanted a fancy setting so we landed a place at a fancy hotel. I found the elevators and clicked the button. After a few seconds, the middle elevator opened up.

I clicked on the 11th floor button and waited. The elevator stopped at the 4th floor and a girl in a black dress walked in with her face down. She pressed on the top floor button and leaned back into the corner. She was obviously in a bad state, trying to hide her sniffles. I looked back at her slightly and she quickly turned.

After about 3 more floors, I spoke up. "Are you having a bad day..?" I turned to her.

She was quiet for a while. "Yeah.. it's my boyfriend.." She made quick eye contact until she heard the elevator doors open.

"Oh." I panicked since I didn't want to just leave her. "Uhm, the 11 button was clicked already before I was in here. Must've been a mistake." I held the back of my neck.

"Oh, okay.." she whispered. An awkward silence grew as the elevator continued up.

"It's a shame.." I managed to cough out.

"Hmm?" she responded.

"That such a lovely girl like you has to waste a beautiful face like that with a sad expression." What did I just say!?

I could tell that she was flustered, "Oh.." She was speechless.

"You're boyfriend is lucky, I hope you realize that." Rin what are you trying to achieve?

"Thank you.." she was still quiet.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. The girl walked out and I decided to follow her. She stopped and looked back. "Uhm.."

"I'm not following you, I swear! It's a coincidence."

Her cheeks turned pink as she gave me a suspicious look with watery eyes.

"You shouldn't cry anymore," I wiped the edge of her eyes with my thumb. Her skin was soft.

"I.. I couldn't help it.." She sounded like she had given up trying to avoid me.

"What happened..?" I questioned her.

She looked uncomfortable at first but she spoke up. "My boyfriend.. he's been cheating on me.." Her voice cracked.

My eyes widened as she stood there shaken up.

"Hey, it's alright.." I went up to her and held her in my arms.

I could tell she was surprised at first since she drew back slightly but she gave in and wrapped her arms around me. She quietly sobbed into my chest as I stroked her hair.

"I'm sorry.." She broke from the hug and wiped her tears. "I shouldn't be doing this." She turned and ran ahead.

"Wait!" I ran after her.

She headed up to a door that led to the roof and opened it. I followed her and the dark sky surrounded us. Even the stars give out some light, but the city lights were stunning.

I looked around and saw her run out by the railing. She stood still. I walked up to her and put my blazer around her shoulders.

"It's chilly tonight." I set my elbows against the railing and rested my chin on my hands.

She turned to me embarrassed. "You don't have to do this." She reached out to her shoulders and I placed my hands over hers. Her hands were cold.

"Keep it on. Pretend I'm not here and just look out into the city. It's amazing isn't it?" I quickly mumbled that out, not sure of what to say to her.

She sighed and looked out in front of her. "It is.."

I stole a quick look and her expression was still the same expression, full of sadness.

"What's your name?" I broke the silence.

"It's __________." she replied.

"I'm Matsuoka Rin." I held out my hand.

She hesitated to answer back but she took my hand in hers.

"What were you doing here tonight?" Maybe I shouldn't have asked.

"Oh.." I was right.

"Sorry, never mind that."

"No.. I was just here to have dinner. My boyfriend invited me to have dinner in the city here but something happened.."

"I see. Where is he now? I honestly think if he was worth your time, he'd be scurrying to find you."

"I don't know.."

"Hmph, well if he's quite the coward, why don't you have dinner with me then?"

"What?"

"Come with me." I grabbed her hand and escorted her back to the door that led inside. "Just forget about your boyfriend tonight and hang out with me."

"Is it alright?"

"Of course. I can't just leave a lady such as yourself alone!" I exclaimed.

"Thank you.."

We entered the elevator and I clicked on the 11th floor button. I stepped back and waited.

"So it wasn't as mistake." I heard _______ say beside me.

"I uh..." I tried to make an excuse but she laughed for the first time I was with her. It was a genuine laugh, and it was really cute too. I smiled at her without realizing it.

"Hmm? What is it?" She grew red.

"It's nothing.. Oh looks like we're here!" The doors opened.

I held out my arm for her to take. "Let's go, _______."

She smiled at me and gladly took it.

--Ahem, first of all, I know this is different than what I usually write, so idk what this is. Hope it makes sense. And the italics are Rin's thoughts. Secondly, I'M BACK HELLO I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES WOW HOPE THIS IS OKAY I feel like i can't write orz and Rin seems ooc but still here you go