Chapter 6

Celia wasn't with it that day. She constantly dropped her books, wasn't paying attention, and almost tripped and fell all day. There was something else on her mind.

I'll make you imaginary

Those words were forever stuck in Celia's mind. Imaginary. How did Jack come here? What did that piece of glass do to make Jack real? Why does she feel that Jack isn't her friend, but something more? These questions roamed through Celia's mind as she walked down the halls with Jack. Someone held out their leg for Celia to trip in, and she sure did. Jack gasped and caught her in mid-air, carrying her by his side closely. He helped her get up. "Celia, what did Anne say to you? You haven't been right today.." Jack said, worriedly. Celia sighed. "It's nothing." They walked out of the school doors, seeing Anne, Cindy, and Elle standing to the side. Jack sighed. He ran towards Celia and grabbed her by the shoulders, hugging her.

"J-Jack?!" She asked, blushing. Jack looked down at her. "I'm not letting her get to you, uh uh, not this time." He said. Sure enough, Anne walked up to them. She had a different look on her face, not smugness, no, it was anger. "What do you two think you're doing? No PDA in school." She hissed. Jack blushed and coughed. "It's not PDA, I'm making sure you don't get to her..I'm protecting her like the friend I am. Now go away, miss brat." He spat. Celia's eyes widened. "Rekt..." She whispered. Anne growled. She started to stroke Jack's hair. "Aw come on, prom is coming up, don't spend it with THIS loser! Come with me, Jackypoo." She said, leaning in to kiss his cheek. Jack pulled away and slapped her hand. Anne shrieked and the look of anger came back on her face.

Suddenly, there was a scene. People came up just to watch what was going on. Celia freed herself from Jack's grasp, still sticking close to him. Jack scowled at Anne. "I will not, I already have a date." He said. Anne scoffed. "Who?" Jack looked around, and everyone started laughing and scoffing. Jack looked down at the ground in shame. He wasn't popular, who was he kidding? He could never get a date to the prom. Celia looked at everyone then walked right in front
of Jack. "Jack, will you be my date to the prom?" She asked, loud enough for everyone to hear. A couple students 'oohed' while Anne and her minions had smoke coming out of their ears.

Jack blushed heavily. "You don't have to, it's okay Celia." He smiled. Celia shook her head. "No really..I want to go with you..will you go with me?" She asked. Jack blushed even harder. "Yeah, of course." He said, touching Celia's hand. Celia blushed and squeezed his hands tightly. There was that feeling again. She quickly brushed it off and turned back to Anne. "Sorry, he's taken now, so stop trying." She said, holding Jack's hand and walking away. Anne screamed and threw her Starbucks drink on the floor. Cindy ran up to her. "Can we get you anything?" Elle ran up to her. "Yeah! We could go to Starbucks again!" Anne looked directly at the ground. "No..that's not what I want..I want something else." She turned around to look at the girls. "It's time to make the loser imaginary." She smirked. The girls smirked as well. Suddenly, the three ran back into the school.

Cindy and Elle teamed off together to create a distraction while Anne did the actual work. "Oh no! I think I'm dying!" Cindy cried, faking a heart attack. The teachers and principal all rushed over to her while Elle gave Anne a thumbs-up. Anne nodded and went into the Principal's office. She looked at all the drawers that carried the records of all the student. "...Carrie..Carly..Caroline..Celia!" She cried, snatching her file. Anne snuck it into her bag and walked out of the office, towards the lockers. She changed the lock passcode on Celia's locker, then snuck away. Cindy saw her and got back up again. "Never mind! False alarm!" She said. The principal hung up the phone dialing 911. The French teacher said some cuss words in French. Cindy, Elle, and Anne ran outside of the building. "Did you get it?" Cindy asked. Anne showed them the file. "Time to make that little witch imaginary!" Anne chuckled evilly.

Celia was sitting down at the table, finishing her homework. She sighed once she was done and started packing up her things. Jack sat down next to her. "So..um..you don't really have to go to prom with me if you don't want to..I do appreciate you doing that though." He said. Celia smiled at him. "It's no problem, you're my best fr-" She couldn't seem to finish the word. "Friend?" Jack finished for her. Celia nodded. "Yeah!" She giggled. Jack looked at her. "Well..do you really want to go with me?" He asked. Celia got serious for a second. "Do you not want to go with me?" Jack blushed, flustered. "No I really do, Celia! I just don't want to force you to do anything you don't want to do!" He rambled. Celia giggled. "Then yes, of course I would want to go with you." She said. Jack blushed, smiling. "Thanks..Celia." Celia nodded. "It's no problem. So anyways, what do you want to do?" She asked. Jack thought to himself. "We could go shopping for our prom clothes!" He suggested. Celia nodded. "Okay, cool! Let's go!" She said, grabbing her coat and walking out the door.

Jack followed her, smiling. Suddenly his heart started pumping really fast. What was happening? He fell to the ground. His heart was going to explode. Celia gasped and ran over to him. "Jack!" She said, turning him over. Jack was sweating and was pale. Suddenly, he started to become invisible again. Then he stopped, he was real. "Whoah..did I almost..become imaginary?" He asked. Celia helped him up and nodded. "Yeah..I think the effects of that glass are..wearing off." Jack frowned. "Well then..we better hurry up!" He said, taking Celia's hand and running down the street.