Chapter 2

Celia pulled the covers up to her face to shield her eyes. Jack scooted next to her, hugging her while also being terrified. BAM! The doll leaped for the camera and blacked out the screen. Jack and Celia screamed loudly as they hugged each other. They both continued to scream until the lights were turned on. Celia's parents stood there watching Celia scream while hugging the air. "What is going on?!" Her mother yelled. Celia let go and paused the movie. "S-sorry..just watching a horror movie...it's pretty scary." Jack nodded and shivered. Her father frowned. "Everything scares you, Celia." Her mother shushed him and pushed him away.

Her parents left the room and Celia and Jack continued to watch the end of the movie. It ended with the doll being killed and melted in a factory. Jack sighed and hugged Celia. "C-Celia...w-what if t-the d-doll is in o-our r-room tonight!?" He stuttered. Celia rolled her eyes. "Jack! It's just a movie!" She yelled. Jack seemed to calm down a little as they walked upstairs. Celia opened the door of her room and screamed as she saw a doll looking at her. Jack screamed higher and fell against the wall. Celia turned the lights on to reveal a harmless doll lying on the floor. She sighed knowing that it wasn't going to kill her. Jack quivered as Celia walked in her room and picked up the doll, showing it to Jack. Jack eased up. "Oh." Celia giggled and threw the doll across the room.

-----Time skip to morning------

Celia woke up in her bed and went to awaken the sleeping Jack on the floor covered in pillows. She walked up to him and shook him. "Wake up, sleepyhead." She whispered. Jack pretended to snore. Celia giggled as she took the covers and threw them across the room. Jack got up. "Hey!" He cried. He stood over Celia as she shrugged. "What? You weren't getting up!" She chuckled. Jack threw a pillow at her and went to go get ready. Once they both were fully awake and ready to go they headed to school.

Jack and Celia sat down in small chairs, waiting for class to start. Of course, right as she was talking to Jack, Anne, Cindy, and Elle watched her talking to the air. They scoffed and ran up to her. Anne sat in the seat Jack was sitting on. Jack got up and made a face. "You're so lucky I'm invisible.." He said as he sat down on the other chair next to Celia. Celia turned to the other chair Jack was sitting on, but it wasn't long before Cindy sat there and Elle sat across from them. Celia huffed and turned to the girls. "Why do you three need to be around me? I thought you all hated me, remember?" She reminded them. Anne smirked and scooted closer to Celia. "Well...we saw you talking to the air again...and you remember what I told you what would happen if we catch you doing that?" Celia's eyes grew wide. Anne leaned in. "Counseling." She sing-songed in Celia's ear. Celia stood up abruptly and sat in the back. The girls giggled as they high-fived each other.

After school was over, Jack and Celia walked out and to the lockers. Jack sighed. "I hate those girls." He declared. Celia nodded. "Yeah same here. They remind me of those really annoying cats. The ones that want you to pet them, but then they go and scratch you." Jack laughed. "Yeah!" He said. Celia smiled. When she reached her locker she put her textbooks in and grabbed her house keys. She shut her locker and walked out of the school with Jack at her side. Jack looked at his surroundings. He looked at the trees, the birds, the students, and sighed. He wanted to be like them. He wanted to be real.

He stopped and noticed something shiny. It was a piece of glass sticking out from the ground. He looked at it for a while and walked over to it. He reached out his hand to touch it. Celia looked at what he was doing and ran over to him. "Don't!" She cried, but it was too late. He touched the piece of glass and sliced his finger. He stumbled backwards and held his finger. "God, that hurt!" He yelled holding his finger. Celia carefully touched it and a light blush ran across Jack's face. She looked up at him. "It'll be fine..I'll give you a bandaid when we get home." Celia started to walk away and Jack followed. He looked back at the glass stained with his blood one last time. He turned back to his hand. He blinked and saw a tiny rainbow blast through his finger. His eyes widened as he looked again to see nothing. He mentally shrugged and continued to walk.