Chapter 4

Celia walked with Jack out of the school. Jack sighed. "Man, school sucks! I actually got homework today! I never get homework!" He shouted, kicking a small pebble across the sidewalk. Celia chuckled. "Now you know what I've had to deal with for the past few years." Jack nodded. "Yeah." He said. Celia looked up at Jack, viewing his profile. He seemed happy and sad at the same time. She tilted her head slightly as he turned to look at her. A slight blush ran across his cheeks. "Yeah?" He asked. "Nothing..it's just..I never noticed your eyes..they're cool." She said like an idiot. Jack smiled. "Thanks..yours are too." Celia looked down at the sidewalk and blushed. "Thanks." She said. She was confused. She had never felt this way before. What was this?

Celia looked in her window to see her dad and mom in the kitchen. She sighed and placed her hand on the doorframe. "I'll just tell my dad I'm tutoring you." She said. Jack nodded. "Cool." He said, walking inside the house. Celia rolled her eyes and walked in as well. Her dad smiled at Celia, but frowned when he saw Jack come in. "Who is this?" He said, picking up his cutting knife. Jack hid behind Celia and let out a small whimper. Celia looked her dad in the eyes. "He's a new student. I'm tutoring him." Jack smiled. "Si, si!! I am stupido!" He said in a heavy Italian accent. Her father nodded and went back to chopping carrots. Celia walked up the stairs. Jack went to walk, but felt himself being dragged down. He turned around to see Celia's father clutching his shirt tightly. "Try any funny moves and I break your neck. That's my daughter." Jack nodded. "I am aware of that sir. Please do not break-a-my-face-a!" He shouted, running upstairs. Her dad sighed and went back into the kitchen.

Celia sat her backpack down and opened up her window to let some air in. Jack walked up and closed the door behind her. He walked up behind her and smiled. He stuck his hand out and felt the breeze. He smiled and chuckled. He actually felt something for once. Celia looked down and smiled. Jack looked at her and gently wrapped his arms around her waist. Celia blushed. "W-What are you doing?!" She yelled. Jack rolled his eyes. "Please, I'm not checking you out." He retorted. Celia smirked and put her hands over Jack's. "No!" Jack yelled. Celia looked at him. "What is it?" She asked. Jack held her hands and stretched them out. "I was doing the Titanic thing, you idiot!" Celia realized and chuckled. She stuck out her arms. "I'm flying, Jack, I'm flying!" She said in Rose's voice. Jack smiled down at her and sighed. The two stood there for a while. Celia escaped from his grasp. "We should get to studying." She said. Jack nodded. "Yeah." He said, sitting down on the floor. Celia sat across from him and started to get out the homework.

One hour later, a backpack was thrown out of Celia's window. "JACK!" She screamed. Jack shrugged. "I let it be free." He replied, clutching his chest. Celia facepalmed and sighed. "Well, you've gotta go get it!" "I will...tomorrow." Celia groaned and flopped onto her bed. "Well, now what?" Jack put his finger to his chin. "We can just hang out!" Celia nodded, getting off the bed. "Sure. What do you wanna do?" Jack's eyes lit up. "Could we go to the mall?! I can finally try on the clothes!" Celia nodded. "Sure." She grabbed her backpack and put in her wallet, her phone, and a small bag of candy. "Let's go!" She said, walking out of her room. Jack smiled and followed her.

Once they arrived at the mall, Jack had a big smile on his face. Jack held the door open for Celia. Celia looked up at him. "I didn't pretend." She whispered. Jack nodded. "Yeah." He said. Celia smiled and walked in. Jack closed the door behind her. There were hundreds of people in the big building. Jack struggled to get by them. "Man, how did I do this when I was imaginary?" He asked. Celia shrugged. "I don't know, you had your ways!" Jack chuckled and walked into a store with Celia. Celia put her hands on her hips. "Well, go crazy! But not too crazy." Jack nodded. "Got it!" He said, walking into the clothing section. He looked at a Star Wars shirt for a while. He flipped over to see it was at a low price. He shrugged and picked it off the hanger. He turned around to bump into a certain girl.

"Oh hey, hottie!" Anne cried, twirling her hair in her finger. Jack sighed. "Yes?" He asked, hoping that she would let him leave. Celia saw the two talking and decided to hide behind a clothing rack and listen, even though she knew it was wrong. Anne smirked a little. "So, what are you doing here?" "Pfft, what does it look like? I'm buying clothes." Celia chuckled at his snarky remarks. Anne chuckled. "You are so funny!" She said, touching his arm. Jack looked at his arm and struggled to pull away. "So, what do you say we go and get something at the food court and then you can tell me how I look in these new clothes!" She said, holding up a shopping bag.  Jack shoved it back down. "Sorry, but I don't have time." Anne groaned. "What else are you doing?" She demanded to know. "I'm hanging out with Celia." Jack said. Anne's eyes widened. "Her?! Why should you have anything to do with that unpopular freak?" Anne leaned in. "You know, she talks to herself. It's serious, she had to go to counseling last year." Jack's eyes widened. "Oh I remember..." He whispered. Anne had a confused look on her face. "You remember? Aren't you new?" Jack looked over at her. "O-Oh yeah! W-Well I knew her b-before I came t-to the school!" He stuttered while playing with the string of his hoodie.

Anne sighed. "Whatever." She grabbed his hand. "I know you're just doing it so that she can feel better about herself. You're so kind! But I'll help you escape!" She said, pulling him out of the store. He pulled away. "Please..stop!" He said. Anne looked at him. "Stop playing hard to get!" She said. "It's getting old." Jack backed away, knocking over some clothes and mannequins. Anne yelped a little as she looked at Jack on the floor. Jack looked her in the eyes. "Pasta!" He screamed before he scrambled back over to Celia. Celia laughed as she helped Jack up. "Are you okay?" She asked. Jack nodded. "Yeah! But some things are worth being imaginary for." Anne looked at the two with a look of hate. Jack walked away, leaving Celia in the store with Anne. Anne walked up to her angrily. "Listen, freak, I don't know what you're trying to accomplish with Jack, but just know that he is mine, okay? He would never want to date you, an unpopular freak who talks to herself." She said. Celia nodded and ran out of the store.

Jack took her hand. "Ready to get away from the banshee?" Celia nodded. Jack didn't let go of her hand as he walked with her. Celia looked down at their hands. She blushed and gripped on tighter. Jack blushed as well as the two walked inside the mall. Anne saw them walking out and holding hands. She let out a scream and knocked some clothes over. Elle and Cindy walked up behind her. "What's wrong?" They said at the same time. Anne looked at them and curled up her fists. "I promise you, I will have Jack, and that little nobody will be forgotten little by little." She smirked.

"She'll be imaginary."