Chapter 1

CRASH!!!

Celia stood in the kitchen with pancake mix everywhere. She made an "oops" face as she licked pancake mix off her cheek. Her face lit up. "Ooh, yummy!" She said. She crouched down and picked up the bowl and whisk now laying on the floor covered in pancake mix. "Geez, is there anything you don't mess up?" Celia looked up to see her best friend Jack standing there smirking. Celia rolled her eyes. "Like you could do better." She scoffed. Jack walked over to her. "Yeah I could, if I wasn't imaginary." Celia looked at Jack tenderly and smiled a bit. She gripped his invisible hand and smiled. "You're real to me." Jack smiled and hugged her. "Thanks, Celia."

After Celia got the kitchen cleaned up, with the help of Jack, she walked out the door ready for school. Jack walked with her, his hands in his pockets, the wind flowing through his black hair. "So.." He said awkwardly. Celia's brown hair was flowing through the wind as she looked down at the ground. "So..I have school...it's really boring." She said. Jack nodded, "I bet! It's just learning! Learning's no fun, Celia." Celia laughed as she reached the doors of the school. She opened the door and pretended that Jack opened it for her. "Why thank you!" Celia cried. Jack smiled. "No problem, Milady!" He chuckled. Celia smiled and then got an idea.

"Hey..I don't know if you want to...but I have class in a few minutes and you can join me if you want." Jack stopped. "Really?" He asked. Celia nodded her head. Jack smiled widely. "All right!" He jumped up and cheered. Celia chuckled a little and stopped as she saw teachers staring at her talking to herself. Jack stopped cheering and looked at her sadly. "Why do you stop talking to me when people are around?" He asked. Celia looked down. "Because I don't want people thinking I'm crazy!" Jack had a hurt look on his face as he looked down at the ground. "You're embarrassed of me?" Celia shook her head. "No..I just don't want to get sent to counseling like I did last year...you know what they do there...they make you forget your imagination and imaginary friends. It's horrible, I'm just protecting you." Jack smiled again. "Alright..well I'll sit next to you in class so you're not bored." Celia chuckled. "Thanks, Jack."

After class ended, Jack and Celia headed to the cafeteria. Celia went to grab something to eat, starving because breakfast didn't quite work out the way she planned. The lunch lady plopped down some food onto her plate. Celia cringed at the sight of the "food" and walked ahead. She grabbed an apple and a cookie and went to go pay. Once she was done she walked with Jack by her side to have a seat. A couple girls her age were walking in front of her. They stopped once they saw Celia talking to herself. They smirked and whispered to each other. Celia noticed this and went her own way. She sat down with Jack at a table in the back. No one was there so they could eat alone. "Um..who are they?" Jack asked pointing to the girls with short skirts that were laughing at Celia before. Celia looked and then turned away. "Mean girls. Typical in school. But I don't care." Jack shrugged. "Let's talk to them!" Celia slammed the table. "Are you crazy?! We can't talk to them! That's just self esteem suicide!" Jack frowned. "Self esteem? I can talk to them, I don't have a whole lot of self esteem anyways!" He yelled. Celia giggled and continued picking at her food. She looked down at her plate until she felt a presence around her, and it wasn't Jack.

Those three girls with short skirts were now right in front of her. Celia sighed and looked up. "Um, can I help you with something?" She asked in a sarcastic tone. The three girls looked to each other then turned back to Celia. "Um..why are you talking to yourself?" The one in the middle scoffed. Celia looked at Jack who now had the angriest look on his face. "Uh, I'm standing right here, you little-" Um, it's nothing that should concern you, alright?" Celia cut him off. Jack stuttered back and continued to stand. The three girls now giggled a little and the one in the middle slammed her hand down on the table. The entire cafeteria's eyes were now locked on Celia and the three girls. "Listen...I don't know why, but I don't like you!" She growled. Her stupidity made Celia roll her eyes as she focused back on her. "Oh really? I couldn't tell." Celia replied sarcastically. Her eyes widened as she stumbled backwards. Apparently sarcasm is what kills her. Then her eyes narrowed at Celia. "Listen..Cecil, or whatever your name is, if you keep acting weird, I'll tell school counseling, and I'm sure you wouldn't want that again, would you?" Celia's ears perked up when she heard the word "again". "H-how do you know about that?" She stuttered. The girl smirked. "I have my ways." Jack scoffed. "Like ways of the mafia." Celia giggled at his statement which made the girls question her sanity yet again.

Celia looked back at them with a serious face and stood up. "Look...I don't know what your deal is with me, but I suggest you leave me alone. Because just by hearing you talk, you're lowering the IQ of the whole school." She retorted with a Sherlock comeback. They were all taken aback by the fact that Celia's not one of those helpless girls in most Highschool movies. "BUUUUUUURN!!" Jack cried leaping in the air. The girl on the left side looked worried. "Look, let's just go, Anne." She whispered to the girl in the middle, who's name was apparently Anne. "Yeah..come on." The girl on the right pleaded. Anne turned to the girls. "Cindy, Elle! What's wrong with you?! We need to get the last word in and make it stick!" Cindy and Elle nodded and shut up. Anne turned back to Celia and Jack with a smirk. "This is NOT over!"

She turned around, flipping her hair and went off with her little brainless monkeys following her close behind.Celia turned back to Jack. "Well, now you know why NOT to talk to them." Jack nodded. "Ugh."